Miami 73 UK 67

Skunk

You mean overall Record, SEC record or what?

I mean both. I also think they'll get a higher seed and make March a little more fun than it has been lately for us. If you can have 3 solid players in your lineup in college basketball, you can win some games. We obviously have Meeks and Patterson looking good. If Liggins can keep improving and the role players step up, we'll be tough.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I mean both. I also think they'll get a higher seed and make March a little more fun than it has been lately for us. If you can have 3 solid players in your lineup in college basketball, you can win some games. We obviously have Meeks and Patterson looking good. If Liggins can keep improving and the role players step up, we'll be tough.
I think you're 1 year off but would be great to see it this year.

Kentucky should have no problem making the tournament.

By my calculations, they should be 10-3 going into the Louisville game on January 4th. That game, at this point, is a toss up. Actually, it is a toss-up every year.

The fact of the matter is that the SEC is not as strong as it has been in past year's. Add that to the fact that Kentucky dominates the SEC almost every year, and I don't think it's out of the question for Kentucky to come close to running the table in the SEC.

Here's the key - BCG doesn't seem to mind losing early as long as his team overcomes adversity and wins during conference and tourney play. His philosophy seems to be to make it more difficult than they can even imagine early in the season. He beats them down repeatedly and toughens them up - kind of a marine philosophy. But, when the chips are down, the players would run through a brick wall for BCG and he returns that strong bond. That is when the team gels and starts to play good basketball. I think this team will be a surprise. I just have that feeling.

You would have a completely different opinion if Tubby was coaching this team. Can you imagine the uproar on here if they were 6-3 under Tubby with losses to VMI and Miami (FL) @Rupp?

You would have a completely different opinion if Tubby was coaching this team. Can you imagine the uproar on here if they were 6-3 under Tubby with losses to VMI and Miami (FL) @Rupp?

I'm starting to think that you are insinuating that people on here don't like Tubby too much.

That's because Tubby would have had 12 years to build a team. If BCG is still mediocre after 10 years of trying, then he'll be bombarded, as well.

That's because Tubby would have had 12 years to build a team. If BCG is still mediocre after 10 years of trying, then he'll be bombarded, as well.

Thank you Wireman, and I'll go a step further. People weren't supposed to like Tubby because he wasn't Rick Pitino. Sometimes I think they should dedicate a forum on this great site called "Buckets of Emo Tears for Tubby Smith" where everyone can get on there and cry their emo tears for the man they love so much.

Thank you Wireman, and I'll go a step further. People weren't supposed to like Tubby because he wasn't Rick Pitino. Sometimes I think they should dedicate a forum on this great site called "Buckets of Emo Tears for Tubby Smith" where everyone can get on there and cry their emo tears for the man they love so much.

People weren't supposed to like Tubby because he wasn't Pitino? That's insane, and comical.