Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miami 73 UK 67

Featured Replies

That's the only real gripe I have about BCG. It's almost like he is saying he is wrong when he changes starters. You're the coach, you tried something, it did not work, use the bench that you have to see if something (or someone) else fits better. No shame in that. It may hurt the kid that gets replaced feelings, but chalk it up to a life lesson....

 

It's your decision to make. He sees the same things we see, surely to the Almighty, he does.

  • Replies 127
  • Views 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I thought this was a sure win for the Cats, Wireman??? I love being right....:lol:

 

:sleep::sleep::sleep:

 

Looks like its bedtime...

 

Looks like its bedtime...

 

Why, because you were wrong? :lol:

Why, because you were wrong? :lol:

 

Big deal. I was wrong. I'd be disappointed if I were Jesus...

Wonder why no Harrelson in the 2nd half?

 

Interesting question...may be because he didn't rebound a single ball in his 8 minutes of first half action.

However, UK went from 21 down in second half to four and he didn't play, so it is no biggie.

Wonder how much Jai Lucas would have helped right now. Darn.

Actually, they are.

 

Kentucky had a solid 2nd half.

 

Miami did not impress me too much. They are talented, but they are not a smart basketball team and did not shoot their FT's particularly well when they needed to tonight. They gave Kentucky all kinds of opportunities with their poor FT shooting down the stretch, their lack of care handling the basketball, and WAY too many stupid fouls.

 

Liggins played great and asserted himself tonight. I was so happy when Porter fouled out with 16+ minutes to go. Liggins' pull up 3 when we were down 65-60 was STUPID though. A bucket there and who knows how things would have turned out.

 

Patrick Patterson is frustrating. Great attitude, great hustle, great player. But he doesn't do enough to get open. Part of that is Billy G's fault, but some of that has to be attributed to PP as well.

 

I have no idea what BCG is thinking. Galloway was the 1st person off the bench tonight and came in less than 3 minutes into the ball game. Harrellson has looked good the past couple of games and played fairly well tonight. Then we don't even see him in the 2nd half?

 

Darius Miller didn't light up the scoreboard tonight, but I thought he played a great game. Each time I watch him play, the more and more I am impressed with this young man.

 

I don't think Harris would've helped much tonight. At 6'7'', I don't think he would've been matched up with McClinton anyway...

 

Kentucky just gave up too many open looks in the 1st half. Give Miami credit though, as they knocked down the shots in the 1st half and knocked down the ones they needed to in the 2nd.

 

All in all, a disappointing loss but I saw a lot of encouraging things out there tonight. The season is still young, and so are the Cats. March is a long way away, and I think this team has a real chance to make some noise in a few months. The schedule is weak for the rest of December, and I anticipate that we'll be 10-3 when we head to Louisville...

 

Miami is a nice team, will have a great chance at making the tournament. They have a few nice players and can make perimeter shots. Left door wide open for UK to crash late.

 

Liggins has to start, could be a cure for these sluggish starts. I like his youthful exuberance. His three point attempt was not wise, but I liked how he tried to force things...he didn't shoot that well tonight, bit none of the guards did...he is actually a kid that shoots better than I thought he would coming in.

 

I have no qualms with Patterson. Occasionally he rushes his shots. 16 boards. The biggest thing right now with him, is that the guards have done a horrific job of feeding him in the post. He will be open but they can't get it to him.

 

Miller has a knack for finding the ball, keeps balls alive. However, he got toasted on defense a few times. Drifted off his man late in the game and let up a dagger of a three from the corner. 30+ minutes of action...no field goals. Gotta give some production. Would like to see him drive it more. He is young but is going to be good.

 

Galloway came in for Miller...he was the backup at the 3 with Harris out.

 

The book on McClinton, is that he has a solid stroke and when he drives he is going to give you a shot fake. In the first half, UK bit everytime and he got to the line. In the second they stayed at home, and did a much better job.

 

In addition, someone has got to score from the backcourt. Meeks is streaky, and I wonder if he was hurtin today...looked like he was favoring something.

 

Keep choppin wood...

Are we the worst entry-passing team in the country? I say yes.

Miami is a nice team, will have a great chance at making the tournament. They have a few nice players and can make perimeter shots. Left door wide open for UK to crash late.

 

Liggins has to start, could be a cure for these sluggish starts. I like his youthful exuberance. His three point attempt was not wise, but I liked how he tried to force things...he didn't shoot that well tonight, bit none of the guards did...he is actually a kid that shoots better than I thought he would coming in.

 

I have no qualms with Patterson. Occasionally he rushes his shots. 16 boards. The biggest thing right now with him, is that the guards have done a horrific job of feeding him in the post. He will be open but they can't get it to him.

 

Miller has a knack for finding the ball, keeps balls alive. However, he got toasted on defense a few times. Drifted off his man late in the game and let up a dagger of a three from the corner. 30+ minutes of action...no field goals. Gotta give some production. Would like to see him drive it more. He is young but is going to be good.

 

Galloway came in for Miller...he was the backup at the 3 with Harris out.

 

The book on McClinton, is that he has a solid stroke and when he drives he is going to give you a shot fake. In the first half, UK bit everytime and he got to the line. In the second they stayed at home, and did a much better job.

 

In addition, someone has got to score from the backcourt. Meeks is streaky, and I wonder if he was hurtin today...looked like he was favoring something.

 

Keep choppin wood...

 

I was at the game and Miller was playing pitiful help defense, drifted off his man, and let four, count em, FOUR, wide open threes get knocked down to let the deficit grow. Miller was killing me tonight...I was more upset with his play then anyone on the team, even the whipping boy.

Will Williams get any minutes this year? I thought he was suppose to be a nice scoring guard.

Are we the worst entry-passing team in the country? I say yes.

 

For the life of me, I don't understand why this is so difficult.........but it obviously is.

Big deal. I was wrong. I'd be disappointed if I were Jesus...

 

:lol::lol::lol:

In no way am I giving up on this U.K. team (or any past and future U.K. teams for that matter).

I would like to see this team put 2 halves of solid basketball together. Patterson was not getting the ball like he should, I will say that in the first half he was imo not workng as hard as he could have been for it. This team imo HAS to get #54 the basketball, he should touch the ball every trip down floor. Meeks struggled from the floor and of course that hurt as well. Our freshmen are and will be coming around. An obvious and over used statement...imo this team will get much better as the season goes on. Hopefully will be ready for the SEC portion of the season and the post season.

When this team does come together (and they will) they can and will be a good basketball team.

The good news is that Kentucky's next 6 games are against teams that they "should" beat whether they are playing well or not. That puts them at 11-3 going into the Louisville showdown. Very similar to last year, the Cats won't have any big wins, some bad losses, but they will clean up in the less than average SEC and get into the tournament as a 7 or 8 seed.

 

RPI ROCKS! :lol:

 

Binghampton is overrrated! :p

I'm starting to see something special in this Kentucky team. I think they get it done the rest of the season, starting today. I feel they'll be 11-3 heading into the U of L game and then it'll be time for midterm exams. I'll take 11-3 over last season's 7-9 any time. I think we'll have a great run in the SEC and get a little higher seed this season.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.