December 7, 200817 yr This team is getting better.Not sure I agree, when you trail by 20 at RUPP. The first half looked like, no UK Coach had seen any film, on how Miami would reverse the ball and shoot. UK didn't come prepared to win this game and the woeful FT shooting of Miami, still wasn't enough to overcome. This is a bad loss at home and the Wildcats, lack in several areas.
December 7, 200817 yr Wonder why no Harrelson in the 2nd half?Thought the same thing. He at least, can shoot some from 15' in and will bang, in the middle.
December 7, 200817 yr That's true. UK did do a good job of coming back, and at least giving themselves a chance to win.. A comeback can't be that great if you don't win... Bottom line is that UK isn't good enough to win ballgames with that kind of deficit.
December 7, 200817 yr We are so weak at the 3 position. Miami was literally backing 6 feet off Miller and just daring him to shoot it.
December 7, 200817 yr Liggins is proving himself to be the starter and should get the majority of the minutes at PG. He had another nice game today. I believe around 18 points. I'm not sure how many assists or turnovers he had. He did a very nice job of slashing to the basket today. Porter can help out by coming off the bench for 2-3 minutes at a time. Harrellson made a few plays in the first half but for some reason didn't see the floor during the second. He needs to play. If nothing else to take just a little bit of the attention off Patterson. This team has to find a way to feed Pat the ball if they want to win games. That's tough to do when your double and triple teamed every possession.
December 7, 200817 yr You won't win many games being down by 20 at half... Informative. Can't really say much about the game, I was watching the football game. Not going to win many games when your best player doesn't get enough touches in the first half and when you do get him the ball it's too late. And Liggins really has some mental breakdowns out there. Jacking up a 3 late in the game down by 5 when the other team has been missing foul shot after foul shot? Really? I know he is a freshman but there is something called Basketball Knowledge.
December 7, 200817 yr Wonder why no Harrelson in the 2nd half? That didnt really surprise me much. He cant really exsist in a game where were playing from behind and have to speed up everything
December 7, 200817 yr Some thoughts on the game.. The first half was weak for UK, obviously. They gave Miami to many open shots, which Miami converted. The UK defense wasn't at it's best either. Kentucky did a good job in the second half getting back into the game, and having a shot to win it. Liggins proved he should be UK's premier point guard. Miller seems to be shy when it comes to shooting the ball, I saw him open multiple times, passing up shots. The kid shouldn't be shot shy. Patterson did a good job getting the ball, his free throw line jumper is coming along very nicely. Some key stats,Miami shot 44%(23-52) while Kentucky shot 35%(25-70)If your putting up 70 shots, you need to convert on more than 25 of them. Kentucky shot 12% from behind the arc, to Miami's 42%.
December 7, 200817 yr Liggins is proving himself to be the starter and should get the majority of the minutes at PG. He had another nice game today. I believe around 18 points. I'm not sure how many assists or turnovers he had. He did a very nice job of slashing to the basket today. Porter can help out by coming off the bench for 2-3 minutes at a time. Harrellson made a few plays in the first half but for some reason didn't see the floor during the second. He needs to play. If nothing else to take just a little bit of the attention off Patterson. This team has to find a way to feed Pat the ball if they want to win games. That's tough to do when your double and triple teamed every possession. Agree totally about Liggins. I'd play Porter just enough to give breaks as needed and to keep Liggins motivated and hungry. Which he appears to be right now. Not sure about Patterson. I've felt like something is going on all season with him. He's use to having guys all over him. He just doesn't seem to be playing with the same consistent energy of last year?
December 7, 200817 yr Not sure I agree, when you trail by 20 at RUPP. The first half looked like, no UK Coach had seen any film, on how Miami would reverse the ball and shoot. UK didn't come prepared to win this game and the woeful FT shooting of Miami, still wasn't enough to overcome. This is a bad loss at home and the Wildcats, lack in several areas. That's ok, it won't be the first time you're wrong. Do you honestly not see any improvement from this team? I realize they were down 20 at the half, but the team is cutting down on their turnovers, and I feel they're looking better as a team.
December 7, 200817 yr That's ok, it won't be the first time you're wrong. Do you honestly not see any improvement from this team? I realize they were down 20 at the half, but the team is cutting down on their turnovers, and I feel they're looking better as a team.I don't drink from the cup of fantasy, but rather from the fountain of realism. NO, I don't think they are improving. You play 2 halves and UK falls behind 20, to Miami at home. They don't play perimeter defense at all. No communication on switches defensively. No rebounding, other than Patterson. Forwards are extremely weak and no threat offensively. PG instability and no one, to run the half-court set. Meeks tries to carry the team and is forcing shots. No average perimeter shooter. Other than that....
December 7, 200817 yr Author Not sure I agree, when you trail by 20 at RUPP. The first half looked like, no UK Coach had seen any film, on how Miami would reverse the ball and shoot. UK didn't come prepared to win this game and the woeful FT shooting of Miami, still wasn't enough to overcome. This is a bad loss at home and the Wildcats, lack in several areas. What do you mean? Are you thinking that BG didn't prepare the team? Did they overlook Miami because they were playing at home? Or just the lack of game film? How is it possible that they did not have game film? This is the same offense that Miami ran last year in the NCAA tournament, so how could UK coaches not know what to prepare for?
December 7, 200817 yr I don't drink from the cup of fantasy, but rather from the fountain of realism. NO, I don't think they are improving. You play 2 halves and UK falls behind 20, to Miami at home. They don't play perimeter defense at all. No communication on switches defensively. No rebounding, other than Patterson. Forwards are extremely weak and no threat offensively. PG instability and no one, to run the half-court set. Meeks tries to carry the team and is forcing shots. No average perimeter shooter. Other than that.... I'm not saying that they still don't have room for lots of improvement, but if you don't think they've improved from the VMI game, and even the K-State and WVU games then we're not watching the same games.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.