Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miami 73 UK 67

Featured Replies

Did I mention I love being right.....

 

12-04-2008, 11:22 PM #8

UKMustangFan

All Universe

 

 

 

 

Join Date: Jan 2005

Location: Yes We Can....No, Barack You Can't.

Posts: 15,389

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Miami(FL)-73

UK-67

  • Replies 127
  • Views 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ We were on the same page. I think this might have been a W with Harris. McClinton had his way in the first half, I think Harris would at least have slowed him a little more.

Something else that has me scratching my head:

 

Coach G. continues to start and allow Porter to play significant minutes every game. This game was no different. Why didn't he take Porter out when he got into foul trouble ? Not that I want porter playing any more than he has to, it just confuses me the way he handled it.

 

It was like he really didn't care at all that one of his starters was about to foul out very early in the second half.

A comeback can't be that great if you don't win... Bottom line is that UK isn't good enough to win ballgames with that kind of deficit.

 

Actually, they are.

 

Kentucky had a solid 2nd half.

 

Miami did not impress me too much. They are talented, but they are not a smart basketball team and did not shoot their FT's particularly well when they needed to tonight. They gave Kentucky all kinds of opportunities with their poor FT shooting down the stretch, their lack of care handling the basketball, and WAY too many stupid fouls.

 

Liggins played great and asserted himself tonight. I was so happy when Porter fouled out with 16+ minutes to go. Liggins' pull up 3 when we were down 65-60 was STUPID though. A bucket there and who knows how things would have turned out.

 

Patrick Patterson is frustrating. Great attitude, great hustle, great player. But he doesn't do enough to get open. Part of that is Billy G's fault, but some of that has to be attributed to PP as well.

 

I have no idea what BCG is thinking. Galloway was the 1st person off the bench tonight and came in less than 3 minutes into the ball game. Harrellson has looked good the past couple of games and played fairly well tonight. Then we don't even see him in the 2nd half?

 

Darius Miller didn't light up the scoreboard tonight, but I thought he played a great game. Each time I watch him play, the more and more I am impressed with this young man.

 

I don't think Harris would've helped much tonight. At 6'7'', I don't think he would've been matched up with McClinton anyway...

 

Kentucky just gave up too many open looks in the 1st half. Give Miami credit though, as they knocked down the shots in the 1st half and knocked down the ones they needed to in the 2nd.

 

All in all, a disappointing loss but I saw a lot of encouraging things out there tonight. The season is still young, and so are the Cats. March is a long way away, and I think this team has a real chance to make some noise in a few months. The schedule is weak for the rest of December, and I anticipate that we'll be 10-3 when we head to Louisville...

Billy G does some crazy things and I think that he likes to put his teams into tough situations. I can see him not praticing a whole lot on a team they are playing early in December and continue to do things in practice that he thinks will help them later. He will sacrifice a win for a lesson, like it or not.

This team is aweful painful to watch, but I feel like he will have them just where he wants them in February.

If I'm king, Stevenson only gets off the bench when #54 or #55 say they need a blow.

 

I've never seen a 6'9 guy miss so many inside shots and have so many shots blocked or ripped out of his hands.

Did anyone else notice, that Jimmy Dykes really enjoyed using the phrase "CSI Miami"....:lol: He must write his own material.

 

Nothing was worse than when he kept talking about how he really liked Harrellson because he's "rugged and skipped a game to go deer hunting." Yeah, because everyone knows players who skip games to hunt are a hot commodity.

Nothing was worse than when he kept talking about how he really liked Harrellson because he's "rugged and skipped a game to go deer hunting." Yeah, because everyone knows players who skip games to hunt are a hot commodity.

 

I really wish commentators would just stick to the game and leave the stand up acts to the comedians.

Billy G does some crazy things and I think that he likes to put his teams into tough situations. I can see him not praticing a whole lot on a team they are playing early in December and continue to do things in practice that he thinks will help them later. He will sacrifice a win for a lesson, like it or not.

This team is aweful painful to watch, but I feel like he will have them just where he wants them in February.

 

He may sacrafice his job if he don't get things turned around by the end of next season. His teams defense is too predictable. Man-to-man entire game with only and man full court press if they are desperate. Not much to prepare for if you are an opposing coach and team.

 

I also think he wants to start Liggins, but Liggins refusal to go in the other night kind of did this in for him to start anytime soon.

 

Gillespie was quoted numerous times in the preseason that this team would be longer, faster, quicker, stronger and much improved. The only thing they look like is longer to me.

I see promise.

Me too. They will eventually start conference play and the SEC is awlful.

Nothing was worse than when he kept talking about how he really liked Harrellson because he's "rugged and skipped a game to go deer hunting." Yeah, because everyone knows players who skip games to hunt are a hot commodity.

 

He also said "How many kids in Kentucky are going to miss games to deer hunt?" Hunting? In Kentucky? ABSURD!:lol:

McClinton is in the game, Miami does not lose to OSU

 

AND if he's out of this one, they don't beat UK!

^ We were on the same page. I think this might have been a W with Harris. McClinton had his way in the first half, I think Harris would at least have slowed him a little more.

 

 

He had his way until Porter fouled out. I cant ever remember a time before that I was hoping a player would foul out.

He had his way until Porter fouled out. I cant ever remember a time before that I was hoping a player would foul out.
....:D That same comment, was echoing in my Living Room tonight, as well.
He had his way until Porter fouled out. I cant ever remember a time before that I was hoping a player would foul out.

 

Like many, I'd like to see less of Porter and more of Liggins.

 

This just blows my mind though. To Coach G. Porter is good enough to start and play significant minutes in each ball game. He started the game today and he was also one of the first 5 on the floor to start the second half.

 

Porter picked up his 4th foul 1 minute and 2 seconds into the second half. What kind of coach leaves his starting point guard in the game with 4 fouls that early in the second half ? That makes no sense at all to me. I can't understand it.

 

2 minutes and 35 seconds later,not even 4 minutes into the second half, Porter picks up his 5th foul and is done for the evening.

 

I don't believe Porter is good enough to start. I don't believe he's good enough to see the amount of floor time that he has seen every game this season. Obviously Coach G. does. So why would you leave someone in a game that you believe is valuable to the team with 4 fouls that early in the second half ?

 

Is Coach just THAT stubborn and set in his ways ? So Stubborn that he refuses the idea of starting Liggins at this point ?Could someone please explain that to me ?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.