December 7, 200817 yr I'm starting to see something special in this Kentucky team. I think they get it done the rest of the season, starting today. I feel they'll be 11-3 heading into the U of L game and then it'll be time for midterm exams. I'll take 11-3 over last season's 7-9 any time. I think we'll have a great run in the SEC and get a little higher seed this season. I think that's fair. I said yesterday during the game that at some point very soon it's just going to "click" with this team. I see them being on the verge of being a good basketball team. Just daydreaming a little bit about what could be next year if PPatt stays and add Pilgrim, Orton and Hood. That's a Top 10 team.
December 7, 200817 yr I'm starting to see something special in this Kentucky team. I think they get it done the rest of the season, starting today. I feel they'll be 11-3 heading into the U of L game and then it'll be time for midterm exams. I'll take 11-3 over last season's 7-9 any time. I think we'll have a great run in the SEC and get a little higher seed this season. Hope you still have your house...
December 7, 200817 yr I'm starting to see something special in this Kentucky team. I think they get it done the rest of the season, starting today. I feel they'll be 11-3 heading into the U of L game and then it'll be time for midterm exams. I'll take 11-3 over last season's 7-9 any time. I think we'll have a great run in the SEC and get a little higher seed this season.Are we more caught up in their record, than how competitive this team is. Without question, they should win their next several games, against the upcoming teams. It should also be noted, with the exception of Indiana, most have never seen any of these teams, ever play basketball. What concerns me than anything about this team, is the inability to correct the TO's, lack of guarding defensively on the perimeter and no offensive scoring threat, from the inside other than Patterson. A team that makes the same mistakes, over and over is either not comprehending what the Staff is teaching or it's not getting addressed.
December 7, 200817 yr Did anyone else notice, that Jimmy Dykes really enjoyed using the phrase "CSI Miami"....:lol: He must write his own material. That has to be one of the worst jokes/comments ever. When he said that i was stunned, it was so stupid. :lol:
December 7, 200817 yr That has to be one of the worst jokes/comments ever. When he said that i was stunned, it was so stupid. :lol:The first time he said, I chuckled but each time after, he kept explaining his own punch lines. He does a good job but continued this one, a little too much. I hope he doesn't watch ER and tries to include that today.
December 7, 200817 yr I really wish commentators would just stick to the game and leave the stand up acts to the comedians. It's even worse when the commentator is a writer / part-time comedian, ala Tony Kornheiser.
December 7, 200817 yr First half was ugly for the CATS, but listening to the stats on the way home we outrebounded them by 10, were plus 4 on assist turnovers, they were negative 1, had more steals than them and took 18 more shots. As poorly as we played the first half if we had just made a few more shots it's a win. This team is geting better. 14 turnovers against a pretty quick team isn't too bad.
December 7, 200817 yr Are we more caught up in their record, than how competitive this team is. Without question, they should win their next several games, against the upcoming teams. It should also be noted, with the exception of Indiana, most have never seen any of these teams, ever play basketball. What concerns me than anything about this team, is the inability to correct the TO's, lack of guarding defensively on the perimeter and no offensive scoring threat, from the inside other than Patterson. A team that makes the same mistakes, over and over is either not comprehending what the Staff is teaching or it's not getting addressed. I don't know, I think this team is going to be great soon. They started showing some signs in the 2nd half yesterday. I'm caught up in their record because their record will be important come March. I think they looked pretty competitive in the 2nd half against Miami. They expensed alot of energy making the comeback and just couldn't get over the hump. If Meek could have done anything at all offensively yesterday, we would've won the game.
December 7, 200817 yr I don't know, I think this team is going to be great soon. They started showing some signs in the 2nd half yesterday. I'm caught up in their record because their record will be important come March. I think they looked pretty competitive in the 2nd half against Miami. They expensed alot of energy making the comeback and just couldn't get over the hump. If Meek could have done anything at all offensively yesterday, we would've won the game.Strength of schedule, won't be on their favor in March, when debating this team. They have some talent but lack of focus passing, concentration in moving offensively and no pure scorer, concern me. This team isn't deep or talented enough, to fall behind by 20 and overcome it. Finding the right rotation of players, who will compete in both halves and on each end of the floor, is taking much longer than most realize.
December 7, 200817 yr Strength of schedule, won't be on their favor in March, when debating this team. They have some talent but lack of focus passing, concentration in moving offensively and no pure scorer, concern me. This team isn't deep or talented enough, to fall behind by 20 and overcome it. Finding the right rotation of players, who will compete in both halves and on each end of the floor, is taking much longer than most realize. I think this team is and will be much better than last season's team.
December 7, 200817 yr I think this team is and will be much better than last season's team. I believe you were the one saying all last year that UK would win 20 and get in the tournament. Of course a majority of us, myself included, thought you were taking too many blue pills. Whether it was your analysis, luck or a mixture of both, the SEC was and still is average/awful. The Cats can easily get 10 wins in conference if they can stay healthy. 10 wins in conference would put them right at or over 20 wins for the year. Even if they were to lose both games to UT, lose to Louisville and not have any signature wins this year. 20 wins with the name on their jersey, they get in the tournament.
December 7, 200817 yr I think this team is and will be much better than last season's team.You mean overall Record, SEC record or what?
December 7, 200817 yr I believe you were the one saying all last year that UK would win 20 and get in the tournament. Of course a majority of us, myself included, thought you were taking too many blue pills. Whether it was your analysis, luck or a mixture of both, the SEC was and still is average/awful. The Cats can easily get 10 wins in conference if they can stay healthy. 10 wins in conference would put them right at or over 20 wins for the year. Even if they were to lose both games to UT, lose to Louisville and not have any signature wins this year. 20 wins with the name on their jersey, they get in the tournament. I think this UK team will go 13-3 or 14-2 in the conference this season. I remember everyone accusing me of drinking the blue Koolaid last season, but they made it didn't they? If not for a tornado (literally), I think they might've won the SEC tourney and had an even better run. Here's the key - BCG doesn't seem to mind losing early as long as his team overcomes adversity and wins during conference and tourney play. His philosophy seems to be to make it more difficult than they can even imagine early in the season. He beats them down repeatedly and toughens them up - kind of a marine philosophy. But, when the chips are down, the players would run through a brick wall for BCG and he returns that strong bond. That is when the team gels and starts to play good basketball. I think this team will be a surprise. I just have that feeling.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.