6A: Trinity Shamrocks (13-1) vs. Simon Kenton Pioneers (10-4) Predictions

Birdsfan

Who will be the 2008 class 6A state champion?  

377 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 2008 class 6A state champion?

I am with you , I will say SK 24-17. I think this game will be like the past three games. The difference in the two teams are, one teams expects to win (Trinity) and the other team WANTS to win.

GO PIONEERS !!!!!!

You obviously aren't familiar with Trinity's approach to football and the state title. Another questioned Trinity's desire? The Rocks have made the final game 22 times in 40 years. The losses came in 1970 to Butler, 1997 to St. X and in 2000 to Male. More than a little desire was needed to reach these championship games.

:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noone is discrediting what SK has done. They deserve to be in the title game based on winning the games they played to get there. It has simply been stated that X and T were the two best teams in 6A. If you think that SK is better than X, let's just say that I strongly disagree with you. OK, I tell you this, if SK comes within 7 points of T, I will agree that SK was the 2nd best team in 6A this year. Heck, SK can solve this dispute very easily - just go out and beat T and you are the best this year. Who cares about 2nd best?

Unless I am mistaken - is that not what it is all about? How to adapt - who makes the fewest mistakes, who rises to the occasion, who is able to overcome their miscues?

Welcome to the bright lights of the 'Pizza box". Seems to be always a "reason" or explanation. "What if's" does not really mean or prove anything. Have to admire Ryle for their effort and for making the Final. But you know the result - no if's ands or buts.

Will Sat. night be simply a repeat of the 'hated' Rocks handily winning over the NKY Powerhouse of the DAy ???:confused:

I agree with you on this, T seems to be always a well oil machine when state titles are at stake . This team is a by product of good coaching .

I am with you , I will say SK 24-17. I think this game will be like the past three games. The difference in the two teams are, one teams expects to win (Trinity) and the other team WANTS to win.

GO PIONEERS !!!!!!

You are funny!! You know nothing about Trinity football, but you are still hilarious.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You are funny!! You know nothing about Trinity football, but you are still hilarious.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

R 85

I was wondering what "sort " of coach he was ? -- if even he is a Coach. We may be assuming in error that it is football.

Hope he brings several notepads tomorrow night for his learning curve.

I don't understand how the T supporters can honestly say that Trinity's kids work harder. I throw the same questions back at you all. Have you ever seen SK in the weight room? Their practice? Ever talked to any of the players? I agree that Trinity works hard but to say the boys from Independence don't work as hard is something you cannot do. They may not be as talented, they may not be as well coached, but they work every bit as hard as the kids in Louisville. Believe it or not football is a year round thing at Simon Kenton as well. I honestly don't think the game will be close, but not from a lack of effort on the part of the Pioneers, but simply because they were outmatched. I hope they can prove me wrong and compete and give themselves a chance to win, but regardless of the outcome they worked hard and had a great year.

I don't understand how the T supporters can honestly say that Trinity's kids work harder. I throw the same questions back at you all. Have you ever seen SK in the weight room? Their practice? Ever talked to any of the players? I agree that Trinity works hard but to say the boys from Independence don't work as hard is something you cannot do. They may not be as talented, they may not be as well coached, but they work every bit as hard as the kids in Louisville. Believe it or not football is a year round thing at Simon Kenton as well. I honestly don't think the game will be close, but not from a lack of effort on the part of the Pioneers, but simply because they were outmatched. I hope they can prove me wrong and compete and give themselves a chance to win, but regardless of the outcome they worked hard and had a great year.

Who said that the SK kids don't work hard?

Who said that the SK kids don't want to win this game?

Who said that the SK kids haven't put their heart and soul into this game?

How about we stop with the generalizations?

You obviously aren't familiar with Trinity's approach to football and the state title. Another questioned Trinity's desire? The Rocks have made the final game 22 times in 40 years. The losses came in 1970 to Butler, 1997 to St. X and in 2000 to Male. More than a little desire was needed to reach these championship games.

:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

I wasn't aware they only had been defeated three times in 22 attempts. That is very impressive.

Who said that the SK kids don't work hard?

Who said that the SK kids don't want to win this game?

Who said that the SK kids haven't put their heart and soul into this game?

How about we stop with the generalizations?

When people constantly talk about how T outworks everyone, I equated that to the same thing as them saying that SK doesn't work as hard. I am a huge fan of the Trinity program, I just get tired of hearing how they work so hard when there are kids all over the state working hard. Obviously some harder than others, but that isn't the reason Trinity will win this game. They will win because they are simply a better football team.

Again, noone has said anything about SK not working hard or not giving effort. In fact, noone has badmouthed SK in any way. Any badmouthing in this thread is made by just a few SK supporters and the badmouthing is directed towards T. It is not badmouthing or arrogant by T supporters to say that T will win 56-0, nor is it badmouthing by SK fans to suggest that SK will win by a few points. You have made a lot of good statements in this post but you are creating this notion that people think the SK kids don't work hard. I'm sure the SK kids, like football players from all teams, are a great group of hard-working kids. Let's stop with this "poor me - disrespect SK" concept.

When people constantly talk about how T outworks everyone, I equated that to the same thing as them saying that SK doesn't work as hard. I am a huge fan of the Trinity program, I just get tired of hearing how they work so hard when there are kids all over the state working hard. Obviously some harder than others, but that isn't the reason Trinity will win this game. They will win because they are simply a better football team.

You questioned "how the T supporters can honestly say that Trinity's kids work harder." Through 400 posts I can't find a T supporter bashing SK's work ethic. The converse is not true. Some are searching for something that is not there, or maybe it's threre...just in the mirror. :sssh:

Again, noone has said anything about SK not working hard or not giving effort. In fact, noone has badmouthed SK in any way. Any badmouthing in this thread is made by just a few SK supporters and the badmouthing is directed towards T. It is not badmouthing or arrogant by T supporters to say that T will win 56-0, nor is it badmouthing by SK fans to suggest that SK will win by a few points. You have made a lot of good statements in this post but you are creating this notion that people think the SK kids don't work hard. I'm sure the SK kids, like football players from all teams, are a great group of hard-working kids. Let's stop with this "poor me - disrespect SK" concept.

Exactly. :thumb:

I'll be glad when Saturday night gets here.

You need to reread all of my posts in this, I don't think it is arrogant at all to say 56-0, in fact I would be more surprised by a close game than that. I'm not on a poor me-disrespect SK concept either. This argument can be made with any team. Saying they are so great because they outwork everyone else means that they work harder than everyone else. Thats just putting 2 and 2 together. I agree with you in that the badmouthing has come from Northern Kentucky fans they aren't all SK fans, more just want to see T lose than anything.