6A: Trinity Shamrocks (13-1) vs. Simon Kenton Pioneers (10-4) Predictions

Birdsfan

Who will be the 2008 class 6A state champion?  

377 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 2008 class 6A state champion?

You obviously aren't familiar with Trinity's approach to football and the state title. Another questioned Trinity's desire? The Rocks have made the final game 22 times in 40 years. The losses came in 1970 to Butler, 1997 to St. X and in 2000 to Male. More than a little desire was needed to reach these championship games.

:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

What happened to them the other 18 years? I thought they had been there every year since the school existed.:lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You questioned "how the T supporters can honestly say that Trinity's kids work harder." Through 400 posts I can't find a T supporter bashing SK's work ethic. The converse is not true. Some are searching for something that is not there, or maybe it's threre...just in the mirror. :sssh:

I didn't bash Trinity's work ethic:confused:, and please don't throw me in with the people that are simply posting absurd comments to get arise out of you all. Through 400 posts, I guarantee you can find somewhere where it says that they are the hardest working team in the state. They are the best year in and year out (possibly with a few others), but I don't feel like it is fair to the rest of the state to say the hardest working. Oh, and I wasn't searching for anything. It is good that you all are proud of your kids and how hard they work, but the SK kids work just as hard. Thats all I was saying, didn't realize it would upset you all so much.

You obviously aren't familiar with Trinity's approach to football and the state title. Another questioned Trinity's desire? The Rocks have made the final game 22 times in 40 years. The losses came in 1970 to Butler, 1997 to St. X and in 2000 to Male. More than a little desire was needed to reach these championship games.

:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

So this is their 40th year? Did they have any kind of banquet celebrating the anniversary?

You questioned "how the T supporters can honestly say that Trinity's kids work harder." Through 400 posts I can't find a T supporter bashing SK's work ethic. The converse is not true. Some are searching for something that is not there, or maybe it's threre...just in the mirror. :sssh:

Are you saying that has not been said before? I think you have been around a long time and that was said many times by T supporters especially in the public/private threads.:thumb:

Good luck!

You may be right, I could've gotten threads confused, I'm not going to look through all of the posts, but I'll reply with:

Are you saying that has not been said before? I think you have been around a long time and that was said many times by T supporters especially in the public/private threads.:thumb:

Both of these are hard-working teams. You don't get to the top of the mountain by luck or shear talent. Of COURSE both teams work hard.

The fact that SK was down by 10 to a veteran-coached team like Male and came back to win handily clearly makes them a worthy foe for any team. The fact that the Rocks hung twice as many points as X has given up all year in a game that means so much is a testament to their resolve and ingenuity.

Looking forward to a great game!

So this is their 40th year? Did they have any kind of banquet celebrating the anniversary?

40th Anniversary of first state title in football. Trinity opened with freshmen only in 1953and started varsity football in 1955 with juniors & sophs & frosh.

What happened to them the other 18 years? I thought they had been there every year since the school existed.:lol::lol::lol:

I could tell you, but I won;t bore you with the details.:lol:

I can say X got us in the playoffs before the finals in 1975 11-10, 1974 3-0, 1978 13-6, 1984 20-0, 1986 23-10.

I didn't bash Trinity's work ethic:confused:, and please don't throw me in with the people that are simply posting absurd comments to get arise out of you all. Through 400 posts, I guarantee you can find somewhere where it says that they are the hardest working team in the state. They are the best year in and year out (possibly with a few others), but I don't feel like it is fair to the rest of the state to say the hardest working. Oh, and I wasn't searching for anything. It is good that you all are proud of your kids and how hard they work, but the SK kids work just as hard. Thats all I was saying, didn't realize it would upset you all so much.

Who would do such a thing.;)

My prediction is TRINITY 63 and SK 7

Trinity and ST X are in 7A and by far and away the best programs by FAR in the state of kentucky. The state championship game was played last week when Trinity upset St X.

There is no doubt Kentucky has two of the finest football programs in the country in St X and Trinity

Trinity routs Simon Kenton and demonstrates Louisville area's dominance in big boy football

If this were a college game there would be a no liner.