6A: Trinity Shamrocks (13-1) vs. Simon Kenton Pioneers (10-4) Predictions

Birdsfan

Who will be the 2008 class 6A state champion?  

377 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 2008 class 6A state champion?

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know how much I care for you...but let me ask you this....you reference bringing a big school title back north....when have they won one?

We've already covered this one. He means it as in "While you're out will you bring BACK a dozen eggs?" meaning, bring it with you. This as opposed to "Bring it back here where it belongs!" thus indicating it had once resided there.

We've already covered this one. He means it as in "While you're out will you bring BACK a dozen eggs?" meaning, bring it with you. This as opposed to "Bring it back here where it belongs!" thus indicating it had once resided there.

:laugh:You really do pay attention.:D

I do remember a few years ago when Dixie won 14 to 10 against Trinity in 2004. I also was at the 2002 game when Trinity beat Dixie. Don't ever tell a football team they can't pull it off and win. Good luck SK!! YOU CAN DO THIS - BELIEVE !!! -

2001 Trinity 60- 'Neers 0

2005 Trinity 52- 'Neers 0

2008 much of the same after watching the Male/SK game replay on TV. No way a QB wearing gloves on both hands is going to give Trinity trouble. I don't see an Eric Shelton in the 'Neers backfield. Coach Marksberry is quoted in the Cincy paper as being tired of hearing how great Louisville high school football is. He will see the best up close and personal at 7PM this Saturday night.

Talk is talk until the game is played. SK has had a great year and Coach Marksberry has to be very proud. T is a great program and will come ready to play. I'm gonna pick SK 24-21 over T. If SK's defense can hold up, this should be a great game! Otherwise, T will hoist it's 19th trophy. Should be interesting!!!!

2008 much of the same after watching the Male/SK game replay on TV. No way a QB wearing gloves on both hands is going to give Trinity trouble. I don't see an Eric Shelton in the 'Neers backfield. Coach Marksberry is quoted in the Cincy paper as being tired of hearing how great Louisville high school football is. He will see the best up close and personal at 7PM this Saturday night.

Kurt Warner wears gloves on both hands, I think he could have some success.

As for what Marksberry said, well I don't know if that was smart or not but hopefully we (SK) can back him up and bring a championship north. I don't see it happening but you never know.

Here's my thinking about this game. All five NKY 6A teams were very close in ability and Boone proved to be the best team during the regular season. Any of the 5 teams would be in the same boat in this game. However, hats off to SK for upsetting Boone in the playoffs and SK deserves to be playing for the state title. So, I saw SK play twice and was not impressed by their offensive firepower other than 4-5 great plays by Simpson in the second game vs. Boone. T's defense is better than Boone's and SK scored only 14 against Boone during this period when they are on a "magical run". To have a chance to hang around with T, SK will have to control the ball. SK will not be able to sustain long drives against T with just the run game and they do not pass the ball well enough to give T problems with the air attack. So, T will have the ball more often than SK likes. SK's defense, like most high school defenses, is very vulnerable to the pass (see recent SK-Conner game). T runs excellent passing schemes and routes. In addition, SK has not seen a back with Phillips' speed as they try to stop the run game. T is superior to SK on both lines, offensive and defensive. Are not most games won at the line of scrimmage? I'm certainly not rooting for T to win, they don't need my support. They are just plain good and the best coached team in KY. SK is in for a long night, but I know they will give GREAT effort. My best guess at score is 52-7. Prove me wrong, Pioneers.

Here's my thinking about this game. All five NKY 6A teams were very close in ability and Boone proved to be the best team during the regular season. Any of the 5 teams would be in the same boat in this game. However, hats off to SK for upsetting Boone in the playoffs and SK deserves to be playing for the state title. So, I saw SK play twice and was not impressed by their offensive firepower other than 4-5 great plays by Simpson in the second game vs. Boone. T's defense is better than Boone's and SK scored only 14 against Boone during this period when they are on a "magical run". To have a chance to hang around with T, SK will have to control the ball. SK will not be able to sustain long drives against T with just the run game and they do not pass the ball well enough to give T problems with the air attack. So, T will have the ball more often than SK likes. SK's defense, like most high school defenses, is very vulnerable to the pass (see recent SK-Conner game). T runs excellent passing schemes and routes. In addition, SK has not seen a back with Phillips' speed as they try to stop the run game. T is superior to SK on both lines, offensive and defensive. Are not most games won at the line of scrimmage? I'm certainly not rooting for T to win, they don't need my support. They are just plain good and the best coached team in KY. SK is in for a long night, but I know they will give GREAT effort. My best guess at score is 52-7. Prove me wrong, Pioneers.

Is he really that much faster than the back from Male? I thought he was supposed to one of if not the fastest in the state. All the other arguments are understandable though.

Is he really that much faster than the back from Male? I thought he was supposed to one of if not the fastest in the state. All the other arguments are understandable though.

Good point, I forgot about Justin Green. T's line is much better than Male's to make Phillips look faster than Green. Phillips on turf will probably look a tad faster than Green on grass but Green would win a footrace. Pass defense will be the huge challenge facing the Neers. I would hope that Miles plays every down at safety cause you never know when T is going to make the big quick strike with a pass play.