6A: Trinity Shamrocks (13-1) vs. Simon Kenton Pioneers (10-4) Predictions

Birdsfan

Who will be the 2008 class 6A state champion?  

377 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 2008 class 6A state champion?

And their overwhelming ability to think rationally. I see this game going either way. The T/X game selections were heavily influenced by the previous drubbing. X was a clear favorite in that game.

I'm def. not trying to insult anyone... So please don't take it that way.

Do NKY fans really see this game going either way? I could understand if this was Highlands.. I really could. I still think Trinity would win.. But not in extreme blowout fashion. But Simon Kenton?? If this game could go either way, how do you folks see a Highlands/Trinity game play out?

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only hope and pray that the young men from Independence show Trinity that they are not the only team around that can win.

I'm sure Trinity KNOWS that they are not the only team that can win. Trinity is not the big high school team that just bullies people around for fun. They are well disciplined and just THAT good. You're trying to convince me that SK is as good as Trinity is. Yes, I find that funny. The only team in NKY that you can even begin to compare to Trinity is Highlands. Even then, Trinity would probably still have their number (but that's another topic).

No one is disrespecting anyone around here, though. I'm not trying to insult anyone... I'm just a realistic fan with no ties to Louisville or NKY.

BTW, I can only hope you folks will be here in the post game thread! :thumb:

I'll be honest, I'm from the Louisville area, and I'm a Trinity fan. What I fail to see is how it is insulting to believe that Trinity will win. There are quite a few logical reasons why. One poster mentioned that Simon Kenton has heart, and that people don't know how that can carry you. I have to say that Trinity does as well, and that it has been shown several times in defeats over St. X when they were the favorites (X, I mean). So, I do consider it ONE valid reason on the behalf of SK. But, it does take more than that. One thing I can always rely on in making my picks for Trinity is that there may be no better coaches than those at Trinity in preparing for big games. I know that there were scouts at the Male-SK game, and I know that there is a plan being put in place just for that game. There is no, "just play Trinity football". Trinity football is to devise a game plan for each opponent specifically. There will be new wrinkles, and new looks.

I'm very happy for Simon-Kenton, and I'm looking forward to a great game. But, I mean no insult to Simon-Kenton when I pick Trinity to win.

S-K has a chance if it is the season opener being played in NKY. Not playing in Dec. at Papa John's.

Anyone who really knows football knows that the T/X game was no upset. T had 4 turnovers (to X's 2) and many more penalty yards, and they still won. Games are won/lost on the O line & special teams (T dominated both) & defense (overall nod to T there as well.). S-K's only sliver of hope is that T is not focused after beating X last week, and I cannot imagine that being the case. That being said I know T respects the staff at S-K a lot. I honestly hope to see a good game, but would not be surprised to see a repeat of the Ryle '06 game.

You honestly see this game going either way? If so, this will be the greatest upset ever! Has anyone seen both teams play?

This game will be lopsided and yes I have seen both teams play.

My original prediction was 42-14 T.

I think after more thought about the match-ups and SK problems defending the pass(see Conner game). Also, the way T played defense against X(SK same style and sets). While I think that Simpson is better than Finch, the rest of SK is not nearly at the same talent level as X.

So, I changing my prediction to 56-6 T. With SK scoring late in the fourth. T scoring a TD on its first 5 possessions and scoring one TD on a pick 6. This is just an outsiders view of what will take place.

Yeah, I do. His team aint playin this weekend:lol::lol:

Go Pioneers!!:dancingpa

Which is another reason I don't like Trinity and St. X being on the same side of the bracket... But that's a different topic. :thumb::thumb:

For the record, I just want to clarify that I don't absolutely HATE NKY teams. I did vote for two of them for this weekend. :walk: