6A: Trinity Shamrocks (13-1) vs. Simon Kenton Pioneers (10-4) Predictions

Birdsfan

Who will be the 2008 class 6A state champion?  

377 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 2008 class 6A state champion?

I would tend to agree about that Dixie team, but this SK team is much more athletic than give credit for. I know all the talk (including myself), has been around the abilities of Simpson. He definitely is always a play away from scoring. But this SK team became more than just Miles after the mid-season loss to Boone. This team (and I do mean TEAM) has committed to what Coach M has asked of them.

SK is a considerable underdog in this game. That's fine, because they have been in every game this post season.

I am not questioning yout knowledge of SK or football in general, you seem to have a lot of knowledge on SK. You are dead right about one thing it will take a total team effort. I just hope SK can find more ways than Simpson to attack them. I am not a Trinity fan I will be rooting for the Neers.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has to have been there before it can go back my friend. :thumb:
Okay, you didn't get the idea either (dagone faulty Louisville school system); so I guess I better explain. I meant, bring it back with us (NKY) as we return from the 6A game next week.

Now does everybody understand? :cool:

Okay, you didn't get the idea either (dagone faulty Louisville school system); so I guess I better explain. I meant, bring it back with us (NKY) as we return from the 6A game next week.

I just figured you meant "big class" trophy (4A now 6A) and just didn't word it right. ;)

Couldn't miss out on correcting one of our friends from Southern Cincinatti. :lol::thumb:

I have not seen T so cannot comment on them. I have seen X and really didn't come away with the wow factor you usually get with them. So I will eaquate that to T not being the unbeatable beast that we are accustomed to out of Louisville. My prediction in the SK/Male thread was that SK had a shot if they could get Simpson going. I will go with that same prognostication in this game. SK in a thriller:dancingpa

Jim...:laugh: Someday I'll get one right. Watch my 11 year old tell his Momma..."I want to go to Trinity". :scared:

He is doing real good in school and she told him he can pick where he wants to go when the time is right, and last nite he went to the X/Rocks game for the second time in a row. :argue: Momma on the left/me on the right.

AL

We love converts and would love to have your son(s). By any chance did you have the opportunity to come by practice on Turkey Day for some free Hot choc and donuts? Need to keep that in mind for next year - I think he would like that .:ylsuper:

I am not questioning yout knowledge of SK or football in general, you seem to have a lot of knowledge on SK. You are dead right about one thing it will take a total team effort. I just hope SK can find more ways than Simpson to attack them. I am not a Trinity fan I will be rooting for the Neers.

JA

How come and would we have any chance of changing that?????

Did SK get the big trophy from Male at the game on Friday? The Public School Trophy? What was the deal with that? Was that a Male/Redman thing? Were they going to give themselves a trophy? They sell small ones at the dollar store and we could probably collect some $ to buy one for every boy...:laugh:

I believe Trinity will win the game and I don't care by how much. This is a milestone game for the program. Rarely, in Trinity's program, does a team get an opportunity to do something no other Trinity team has. This team has already made its mark by just being in the final for the fourth straight season. But at Trinity a team's legacy is based upon WINNING the State title. Lot's of great teams at Trinity failed to win and are not ever part of the conversation about Trinity's best teams. This year's team's legacy is to WIN the fourth in a row for the first time in school history.

Also, this team will not let down the previous three who share in this incredible and unprecedented run. GO ROCKS!

Not my fault they don't teach syntax properly in your school system. :p

I have heard this song and dance before I think. Great running back, all world, great defense, NKY team.......

I have watched SK play, I have watched the Rocks play. While the Simpson kid is a great back, he will struggle to run the ball against the Rocks. He is only a junior in what was called a "down" year for NKY football at the beginning of the year. SK will need to throw the ball to keep the Rocks D honest, while maintaining a ball control type offense to limit the number of possessions for the Rocks O.

If you don't think T can score 50 on SK I suggest you look at the scores from the last 8 years. They can, and they will. But this SK team will be back and will learn from this experience.

T 56

SK 7

I believe Trinity will win the game and I don't care by how much. This is a milestone game for the program. Rarely, in Trinity's program, does a team get an opportunity to do something no other Trinity team has. This team has already made its mark by just being in the final for the fourth straight season. But at Trinity a team's legacy is based upon WINNING the State title. Lot's of great teams at Trinity failed to win and are not ever part of the conversation about Trinity's best teams. This year's team's legacy is to WIN the fourth in a row for the first time in school history.

Also, this team will not let down the previous three who share in this incredible and unprecedented run. GO ROCKS!

Actually they were in 4 in a row 00-03, they just didn't win in 00.

JA

How come and would we have any chance of changing that?????

Haha no its not likely. I have nothing but respect for Trinity though. You guys are a first class program. Great coaches, players and fans. I am a big Highlands fan. You guys are the same thing in my book, just one division up.