6A: Trinity Shamrocks (13-1) vs. Simon Kenton Pioneers (10-4) Predictions

Birdsfan

Who will be the 2008 class 6A state champion?  

377 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 2008 class 6A state champion?

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Similar to Vince Murray?

Not at all, Murray was a bruiser, Simpson is the closest thing to Alexander NKY has seen but he's more physical than SA. He's not track speed like Green from Male, but when he hits the corner it's a thing of beauty. I don't know what type of forty he runs but he has football speed, I still want to know how the kid from Campbell County hawked him, he's the only player to catch him from behind on a long run. I know Trinity's defense is all about speed, and I know they will be more than prepared, with that being said, it will take more than just Miles for SK to stay in the game.

I had to go with SK. Every week I pick them, but in the back of my mind I'm thinking... they can't possibly win this one.. can they?.... and they continue to show they can win. Good luck guys. You're already heroes in Independence, go back to Louisville next week and shock the world one last time.

Miles is the best in Kentucky, without a doubt. He is not all SK has and many seem to think that. These men have turned their season around and are on a drive to achieve what most say the can not do. This drive is what will bring the championship to Independence next saturday evening. The only people who really believed in these young men were their coaches, families and themselves. We have shown that is all we need to do the impossible as some of you say. Sk will win 35-21. They want it and deserve and will not let anyone take it from them. GO , FIGHT , WIN We are 212 Degrees and WE BELIEVE:dancingpa

Ok I would've thought that was reasonable in the past but no, not on this team. I'm sorry but YOU ARE WRONG.

Come on, look at the #'s. Throw out the Conner game, which was a shoot out, and against the other 5 apponents, SK is giving up just over 8 points a game.:rolleyes:

With all due respect (and I do respect anyone who makes it to the state championship game) who has SK played this year? X was giving up just 4 points a game before last night. Now I won't predict a 50 point showing for Trinity but I do remember a few years ago when another team from Northern Kentucky played in their first state championship game against Trinity. They had a much praised running game and a very stout defense. What happened then?

Congrats to the Pioneers on a great run and I'm glad I was wrong about the Male game. Unfortunately, this game will seem like deja vu 2006. Just don't see how SK can keep T under 40 or score over 10. This prediction is not based on jealousy or disrespect of SK. None of the teams that SK has played are in a league with T or X. T is so balanced, disciplined, well-coached and has a mix of good, very good and great players. Absolute best of luck to SK as all of us would love to see a miracle.

I'd say Simpson has really only been shut down once, against Boone, and adjustments have been made since.

Honestly if Trinity wins this game, I don't think it'd be because of their talent level, but rather discipline on D. That is the one thing that I've always recognized about T. They're a great program, and they may give up plays, but they're very disciplined on D. But I'll say this.

Marksberry has been coaaching very well IMO. I recognized the tone that he set early(when others tried to deny it), and it worked out VERY well against Male.

NewCath shut him down as well, but SK seems to have made adjustments and he's been on fire w/ the exception of the Boone game.

NewCath shut him down as well, but SK seems to have made adjustments and he's been on fire w/ the exception of the Boone game.

I would agree with this. But in a one game shootout, Simpson is on the field for every down. Like Alexander in the past, Simpson will be put in a position that allows him to get his hands on the ball in so many different ways. This makes it difficult to shut Simpson down.

I recall SK visiting THS for a game a few years ago and I was very impressed with the program from the fan support (they brought more people than Louisville public schools just a few miles away), to the coaching staff to the gritty kids playing. Obviously they have devoted the time and effort to get to the top. People always ask T and X what the secret is... I suggest they give SK a call. Welcome back to Louisville SK! Let's get ready to Rumble! P.S. Does Miles have a college in mind?

I think the success SK has had this year shows the maturity of Miles Simpson. Early in the season posters were claiming that he had quit midgame, ultimately dooming SK. Congrats go out to the Neers and the job they have done this season. So everyone who represents T, try not to bash a team who has achieved a lot. Let them enjoy it.

Totally different styles, Murray was a straight ahead runner, power back. Simpson is quicker makes people miss but is not afraid to hit, breaks a lot of tackles.

As far as running backs much better than Murray. Murray was a lb who ran the ball.

A lb who ran the ball, not fair. See if you are still saying that when you are watching him start fullback next year for The Naval Academy. Simpson to Shaun draws good a good comparison, however Simpson is tougher than Shaun was in High School. He sometimes prefers contact vs. Shaun utilized the sideline.

:thumb:

Not at all, Murray was a bruiser, Simpson is the closest thing to Alexander NKY has seen but he's more physical than SA. He's not track speed like Green from Male, but when he hits the corner it's a thing of beauty. I don't know what type of forty he runs but he has football speed, I still want to know how the kid from Campbell County hawked him, he's the only player to catch him from behind on a long run. I know Trinity's defense is all about speed, and I know they will be more than prepared, with that being said, it will take more than just Miles for SK to stay in the game.

I don't know if I would say that..I think Justin Frisk was the best back up here since SA....JMO..Miles is awful good though..:thumb: