6A: Trinity Shamrocks (13-1) vs. Simon Kenton Pioneers (10-4) Predictions

Birdsfan

Who will be the 2008 class 6A state champion?  

377 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 2008 class 6A state champion?

I could argueably make the case that Trinity beat the #2, #3, and #4 teams on there way to the championship. Male, which is still a great program, was not a good team this year.

Yep, and Sk has been an underdog in every game they have played, so, let's line'em up and let go

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is interesting about this game is the match-up is styles.

Trinity's offense is similar to Conner's, which is not good if you are rooting for SK.

SK's offense is very similar to St.X's, and they moved the ball well at times. Plus I think that Simpson is better than Finch.

I think overall Trinity is better and deeper, no surprise. SK will not be able to stop or contain Trinity's offense without getting turnovers.

Trinity 42 SK 20.

They are already disrespecting SK. Wait til they get a load of Miles Simpson. Im not saying anything except the Pioneers are flying high and will be ready to represent.

Trinity NEVER disrespects another team!! SK will represent very well! Rocks will be focused in film tomorrow and prepare during the week, just like every other week! That is the difference in St. Matthews (Title Town). Go Rocks! #19!

What is interesting about this game is the match-up is styles.

Trinity's offense is similar to Conner's, which is not good if you are rooting for SK.

SK's offense is very similar to St.X's, and they moved the ball well at times. Plus I think that Simpson is better than Finch.

I think overall Trinity is better and deeper, no surprise. SK will not be able to stop or contain Trinity's offense without getting turnovers.

Trinity 42 SK 20.

I think when you get to the state finals for the first time you are a different animal and the SK boys will play like they have never played before. Trinity playing in the state title game is business as usual. They have the experience and the studs but I am laying my money on desire for this one and I am calling a shocker.

SK 24

Trinity 20

Never thought i'd see the day of this match up for state. SK has a great back, but a great back alone can't beat Trinity, they have shown that before. Trinity has to be 3-4 TD favorite. Good luck SK.

I hate you more with every post. :D Just playing, I also didn't think I'd see this day but it's here. I think SK's not get enough props to be honest.

Trinity NEVER disrespects another team!! SK will represent very well! Rocks will be focused in film tomorrow and prepare during the week, just like every other week! That is the difference in St. Matthews (Title Town). Go Rocks! #19!

What that they live on campus, and have practically zero distractions. Must be nice, but that's not the real world. SK will be doing the same in the morning, but everyone will go home afterwards.

Trinity will score 50 plus. Simon Kenton won't score near that much. Shamrocks will win big.

Ok I would've thought that was reasonable in the past but no, not on this team. I'm sorry but YOU ARE WRONG.

Come on, look at the #'s. Throw out the Conner game, which was a shoot out, and against the other 5 apponents, SK is giving up just over 8 points a game.:rolleyes:

Win or lose, I guess SK will be a part of history. Either they pull the monumental upset or Trinity wins a record 19th state championship.

Trinity is a program that I highly respect, I remember the first time I saw them play, I believe it was in '87 against Boone in the playoffs, and I didn't think they would ever empty out of the locker room, they just kept coming and coming. This will be a huge task for SK, but they won't go down without a fight.

What type of offense does SK run? Is it like Boone and Ryle's?

Has SK won when Simpson was shut down, if that even has happened?

I'd say Simpson has really only been shut down once, against Boone, and adjustments have been made since.

Honestly if Trinity wins this game, I don't think it'd be because of their talent level, but rather discipline on D. That is the one thing that I've always recognized about T. They're a great program, and they may give up plays, but they're very disciplined on D. But I'll say this.

Marksberry has been coaaching very well IMO. I recognized the tone that he set early(when others tried to deny it), and it worked out VERY well against Male.