6A: Trinity Shamrocks (13-1) vs. Simon Kenton Pioneers (10-4) Predictions

Birdsfan

Who will be the 2008 class 6A state champion?  

377 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 2008 class 6A state champion?

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall SK visiting THS for a game a few years ago and I was very impressed with the program from the fan support (they brought more people than Louisville public schools just a few miles away), to the coaching staff to the gritty kids playing. Obviously they have devoted the time and effort to get to the top. People always ask T and X what the secret is... I suggest they give SK a call. Welcome back to Louisville SK! Let's get ready to Rumble! P.S. Does Miles have a college in mind?

Major schools looking at Miles are UK, Louisville, UC, Purdue, Duke and Indiana, more schools will most likely be added to the list, I believe OSU has contacted him. As of right now I would say UC is where you will see him, but he still has a full senior year and a plenty of time to decide, so it will probably change.

Um, Dixie?

I will give credit where credit is due, Dixie flat out came to play that night and deserved a win over a Trinity squad that clearly did not want it as bad as they did. That said, this Trinity squad has none of the chemistry issues that the 2004 version did and I would dare say they are head and shoulders better than that squad.

I am not trying to be disrespectful to NKY 6A teams, but I have only ever been given 1 example of their ability to beat us out of many many defeats at our hands. I am sure SK is a great team, but I just don't think they have faced a squad that is remotely close to the Rocks this season. I also have doubts that their running game is anywhere as good as X's either. Thus my prediction. If I am wrong I promise you I will be on the thread as soon as I can commending the Pioneers on an amazing storybook run to the finals against the football juggernaut of Kentucky. Until I see it though, I have yet to believe it.

I will give credit where credit is due, Dixie flat out came to play that night and deserved a win over a Trinity squad that clearly did not want it as bad as they did. That said, this Trinity squad has none of the chemistry issues that the 2004 version did and I would dare say they are head and shoulders better than that squad.

I am not trying to be disrespectful to NKY 6A teams, but I have only ever been given 1 example of their ability to beat us out of many many defeats at our hands. I am sure SK is a great team, but I just don't think they have faced a squad that is remotely close to the Rocks this season. I also have doubts that their running game is anywhere as good as X's either. Thus my prediction. If I am wrong I promise you I will be on the thread as soon as I can commending the Pioneers on an amazing storybook run to the finals against the football juggernaut of Kentucky. Until I see it though, I have yet to believe it.

:thumb:

What that they live on campus, and have practically zero distractions. Must be nice, but that's not the real world. SK will be doing the same in the morning, but everyone will go home afterwards.

I don't understand your comments “live on campus”, “real world”, “go home afterwards”! I'm simply saying from personal experience, we prepare for each and every team we play the same way... with respect. GO Rocks! #19!

What that they live on campus, and have practically zero distractions. Must be nice, but that's not the real world. SK will be doing the same in the morning, but everyone will go home afterwards.

That's right, we have the dorms right next to our cloning labs and labs for genetically altering naturally born students to best football players possible. In fact our first batch of Brian Brohm clones should be ready in about a year or so. :lol:

That's right, we have the dorms right next to our cloning labs and labs for genetically altering naturally born students to best football players possible. In fact our first batch of Brian Brohm clones should be ready in about a year or so. :lol:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Can we pre-order one of those Brohms?

For the Neers to even make it to this stage after the way they played early on speaks volumes as to how good their coaching staff is and how hard the young men have worked throughout the season.

I said it in the Male thread, and I'll say it again. SK might not win this game, but I guarantee you Miles Simpson proves why he is a legit Mr. Football candidate next year. The kid does it all and is not only a great athlete, but also an even better kid.

For Sk, the key to the game is establishing the run and keeping T's offense off the field. Trinity has a very balanced O and can do it all. Defensively Sk just has to pin their ears back and go to work. Trinity is going to score points regardless. I don't see them being held under 21 points. Sk needs to prevent the big plays though and the offense has to set the tone early.

I'll be rooting for SK since I personally know Coach Marksberry, but I have to go with T in this one:

Trinity 42

SK 17

The Rocks vs. another Team from NKY. Same old story or an entirely new one?

Congrats to SK for making it to the final. T respects all opponents and take none for granted. Same this week.

4 down - 1 to go. Rocks will not be denied #19.

More than likely same old unless they were playing the cake eaters. Wishfull thinking, I am very happy for SK. They have had some good teams, I remember when they had Morrison, he was a good back. For many years years SK was never a threat much like there counter-part Scott, but during the Morrison years, SK turned the tide and have become a better football program.

However, next weekend, they are simply over matched. In fairness, I think any 6A NKY team would be. Best of luck to the Neers let it all on the field.