6A: Trinity Shamrocks (13-1) vs. Simon Kenton Pioneers (10-4) Predictions

Birdsfan

Who will be the 2008 class 6A state champion?  

377 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 2008 class 6A state champion?

I would agree with this. But in a one game shootout, Simpson is on the field for every down. Like Alexander in the past, Simpson will be put in a position that allows him to get his hands on the ball in so many different ways. This makes it difficult to shut Simpson down.

With all due respect, I wouldn't exactly call the offensive strategy used by Boone County in '94 innovative. Both teams (BC-SK) run/ran the ball effectively, but SK has a completely different philosophy on how to do it. JMO

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect, I wouldn't exactly call the offensive strategy used by Boone County in '94 innovative. Both teams (BC-SK) run/ran the ball effectively, but SK has a completely different philosophy on how to do it. JMO

My comment was not about running the ball, but having Simpson on the field for every down, just like Alexander did. Simpson will play every play of O, D, SPT, heck, he'll be on the field with the Band and may help take tickets. That strategy worked for Boone and Alexander (well, I don't think Alexander took tickets):D

Sure sounds like it.

Simpson is a solid high school running back. He is not as good as Alexander was, but I think the SK offense is a bit more diverse than the early to mid 90s Boone teams.

Trinity will key on Simpson, so the SK qb and wrs will have to make plays. Even more importantly, the o-line and d-line for SK will have to play the game of their lives. The Pioneers are (and sould be) a heavy underdog in this one (Trinity beat Cincy X for Pete's sake). But all of NKY will be pulling for them.

But if I had to make a prediction, 38 - 14 Trinity sounds about right.

A lb who ran the ball, not fair. See if you are still saying that when you are watching him start fullback next year for The Naval Academy. Simpson to Shaun draws good a good comparison, however Simpson is tougher than Shaun was in High School. He sometimes prefers contact vs. Shaun utilized the sideline.

What is not fair about it? He was a straight ahead runner, a power back.

He was a better lb than rb, and was long before he was in high school. I know what is going on in Annapolis and it is awesome and speaks volumes about the man he is.

I'd say Trinity 42-14 sounds about right for a match-up against an NKY 6A squad. I hope for a better game than that, but that is where my opinion is on the matter at this point.
This kind of talk is the main reason we so badly want to bring a 6A title back north.