6A: Trinity Shamrocks (13-1) vs. Simon Kenton Pioneers (10-4) Predictions

Birdsfan

Who will be the 2008 class 6A state champion?  

377 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 2008 class 6A state champion?

Sounds like many feel he is better than Finch, who was just named Player of the Year. If true, this will be the Rocks toughest test defensively this year.

I do not know if many have said it, at least on here I think I am the only one. And I think he is better, for that matter, I think Phillips is better!

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the reasons why SK can win this game?

Generic answer and I'm sorry for it, but these guys want it. They know they can, and again, not trying to sound corny, but no one thought they could. Clearly they felt other wise. They believe they can, I believe they can. Hope for a great game next week.

Or an SK blowout:thumb:

For the Trinity fans, Simpson will remind you of Alexander but bigger, by about 20lbs. They both have a similar running stride that makes it look like they are not as fast as they really are deceptive speed. Before anyone jumps to conclusions, he is not as good as Alexander.

Simpson, more specifically the OL. But they are balanced enough to keep Trinity honest. Much like St. X in terms of style of play. Except I think Simpson is better than Finch.

Their defense is aggressive, but struggles defending the pass if their blitzes are picked up. They are very much like Male as far as the blitzing goes. However they differ in that they play mostly zone behind the blitzes where as Male plays man.

One thing I'd say about SK's D though, even if their blitz's are picked up they are RELENTLESS. play towards the end of the game, where I believe #36 came of the left edge, and NEVER stopped, honestly I saw him come off the edge and followed him the whole play. Needless to say, Males player went to change direction, and it just wasn't happening.

SK's motor, could be the difference if they've got the juice.

One thing I'd say about SK's D though, even if their blitz's are picked up they are RELENTLESS. play towards the end of the game, where I believe #36 came of the left edge, and NEVER stopped, honestly I saw him come off the edge and followed him the whole play. Needless to say, Males player went to change direction, and it just wasn't happening.

SK's motor, could be the difference if they've got the juice.

Do they have many players that go both ways?

For the Trinity fans, Simpson will remind you of Alexander but bigger, by about 20lbs. They both have a similar running stride that makes it look like they are not as fast as they really are deceptive speed. Before anyone jumps to conclusions, he is not as good as Alexander.

He's still got another year of weights.:D Never met anyone like Mr. Alexander, but Simpson has some skills.

Similar to Vince Murray?

Similar to Vince Murray?

Totally different styles, Murray was a straight ahead runner, power back. Simpson is quicker makes people miss but is not afraid to hit, breaks a lot of tackles.

As far as running backs much better than Murray. Murray was a lb who ran the ball.