6A: Trinity Shamrocks (13-1) vs. Simon Kenton Pioneers (10-4) Predictions

Birdsfan

Who will be the 2008 class 6A state champion?  

377 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 2008 class 6A state champion?

I haven't read this whole thread, but has anyone come up with a realistic possibility (strategy, etc.) wherein Trinity could lose this game?

Yes, and I would counter that same question wanting to know a realistic possibility of how Simon Kenton could lose this game

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and I would counter that same question wanting to know a realistic possibility of how Simon Kenton could lose this game

OK.

Trinity:

Has a very solid running game

Has a very solid passing game

Can be very physical on both sides of the ball

Have played against much stronger competition

Has explosive capability on special teams

Has arguably the best coaching staff in the state

Has been there before

SK has not seen this combination in anyone they have played this year. I don't know that I believe it will be a blow out BUT I also don't think that SK will win. And no that's not disrespect, that's just an honest assessment.

How about those Brown/Williamson ticket prices?

I know this much is true, Trinity will be the best team SK has faced since they faced Trinity in the playoffs a few years ago (twice), I know that Trinity will be very fast, I know they have an EXCELLENT program, with a great coaching staff, and I know if SK wins this game it would probably be the biggest upset in the history of large school finals. Trinity's offense will be something SK hasn't seen in '08, they've played against very good running teams, and they've played against teams with a very good passing offense, but T brings both to the table.

IF SK were to win - it would have to be the biggest upset in the History of 4A \ 6A Championships. Name a bigger one?

No disrespect to SK. Believe all T supporters on here recognize their accomplishments to get to this level. They will be accorded all due respect.

Not wise IMHO for SK backers to start the "smack talk." Supporting your Team is one thing - being unrealistic is another.

This Rock Team ( Kids and Coaches) fear nothing.

I, too , feel it will be a "Ryle Playback/"

IF SK were to win - it would have to be the biggest upset in the History of 4A \ 6A Championships. Name a bigger one?

No disrespect to SK. Believe all T supporters on here recognize their accomplishments to get to this level. They will be accorded all due respect.

Not wise IMHO for SK backers to start the "smack talk." Supporting your Team is one thing - being unrealistic is another.

This Rock Team ( Kids and Coaches) fear nothing.

I, too , feel it will be a "Ryle Playback/"

Pretty sure it's an upset any time one of the "big 3" doesn't win the state championship. This is a given.

Yeah, calling for a 60 point blowout is not talkin smack. SK is playing next week, X is not. SK may not win, but we know X wasn't going to.

Go Pioneers:dancingpa

What's your prediction smart guy. If you know so much about this game, 6A football, T & SK name a score.

Does anybody remember a few years ago when Ryle made the same "magic run" to the state championship, only to be embarrassed by the same team SK will be playing (Trinity). This one will turn out to be the same, close in the first half, blowout in the second. Trinity is too deep, and too well coached to let a one man team (SK-Miles Simpson) and it surely is one athlete who wins their games, I do believe Marksberry said it himself.... Sorry Pioneers, Trinity will show you 6A football....