Warren County Judge to Decide Obama Birth Lawsuit

I agree with you on this post, especially that the burden of proof is on the accuser.

On one hand, I recognize that it is Obama's right to do what he pleases, and that he does not need to be forced to produce a birth certificate. I also really doubt that anything incriminating would be on there.

On the other hand, if he truly has spent a lot of money on resisting producing the birth certificate, isn't that a waste of resources? Like I said, it is his right, but what's the point? Is he going to use this whole process for some political advantage later?

I wonder if he's actually spent big money doing that? I mean, outside of hiring a lawyer to represent him, potentially there's nothing more to be done.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, I'm not a lawyer. Having said that, from reading these filings, it appears that more is on the table than whether or not Obama can present a birth certificate. They are alleging that even if Obama has a birth certificate he lost his citizenship when he moved to Indonesia and back as a child. It appears, then, that Obama can't simply dismiss these by producing a birth certificate and if a judge were to not throw the case out, holding a trial, Obama would probably have to show up and provide testimony. So, are they really challenging Obama's citizenship, or do they just want to drive the news coverage to Obama swearing he's a citizen in a court somewhere, likely worth a couple percentage points in the election?

I've had to produce my kids birth certificates to allow them to participate in all kinds sports. Guess Obama never participated in select soccer:cool:

Do they have to have been born in the United States to play sports?

Obviously, I'm not a lawyer. Having said that, from reading these filings, it appears that more is on the table than whether or not Obama can present a birth certificate. They are alleging that even if Obama has a birth certificate he lost his citizenship when he moved to Indonesia and back as a child. It appears, then, that Obama can't simply dismiss these by producing a birth certificate and if a judge were to not throw the case out, holding a trial, Obama would probably have to show up and provide testimony. So, are they really challenging Obama's citizenship, or do they just want to drive the news coverage to Obama swearing he's a citizen in a court somewhere, likely worth a couple percentage points in the election?

I'm w/ you I think, but why would he not have to prove that he qualifies for the office he's running for?

Do they have to have been born in the United States to play sports?

Just to verify their age.This is no different than all the other stuff he is dismissing as irrelevant and not important.If he would just be above board with the people none of this would be happening.where there is smoke there is fire maybe not on his citizenship but we will see things much worse later on down the road.

Let me ask this in a different manner. If you were doing something where the requirement was you had to be a US citizen how would you prove you were one?

It may be Obama's right to not have to show a birth certificate but is it not required that he prove he is a natural born US cititzen? What other way could you prove this?

Well, it appears the lawsuit was dismissed:

Reportedly dismissed 10/24

In a 34-page memorandum and opinion, the judge said Berg's allegations of harm were "too vague and too attenuated" to confer standing on him or any other voters.

Surrick ruled that Berg's attempts to use certain laws to gain standing to pursue his claim that Obama was not a natural-born citizen were "frivolous and not worthy of discussion."

The judge also said the harm Berg alleged did "not constitute an injury in fact" and Berg's arguments to the contrary "ventured into the unreasonable."

That's kind of a point of mine. Somewhere along the line he's had to provide his birth certificate to establish himself as a US citizen. I don't know...maybe when he got his passport????
Producing a birth certificate and producing one that shows you are a natural born US citizen are two different animals.

If it's not a requirement it is his right to not have to show it. It's un-American and an invasion of his privacy.

I understand your point. However, IF it is a requirement that you have to meet certain qualifications to run for an office but you don't have to prove that you meet the qualifications, then anyone can run just by saying 'Yep, I meet the standards required'.

Understand, I believe Obama is a naturalized American citizen. That isn't the issue here. I want him to show it and be done with the whole matter. However, if this whole things gets thrown out, then anyone can run and claim they are a naturalized citizen and never have to prove it. Let's be honest as well, when these guys run for public office, they know they are giving up much of their privacy. Unfortunately, it goes with the territory. The same man who filed this suit also filed one asking McCain to prove that he was a naturalized citizen as he was actually born in Panama. However, he was born on a military base in Panama which is considered US soil, and when he produced it, the suit was dropped.

If you don't have to prove it, then it is really an unenforceable regulation and there is no need in having it.

Right to privacy is a right completely made up by our supreme court to further at the time a liberal agenda. It's no where in the Constitution and when you have to imply things from the constitution to me thats the same as saying they were made up.
I agree but I also do not believe that this is a privacy issue. Obama has a right to keep his place of birth and his citizenship private. He has the right to decline the chance to be president. He chose to run for public office and he can be compelled to prove that he meets the minimal qualifications for that office.