Will you take the day off of work as Obama has asked his supporters to do?

Will you take election day off?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Will you take election day off?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a job, my company depends on me to be there, that's what they pay me for. Why would I let them down for an election?

Most states have a law that allows you a certian amount of time to be off from your job to vote, without penalty. Because the states run elections, all laws vary from state to state. I know that because of when polls open and close in West Virginia, all employees may be released from thier jobs for a maximum of three hours on election day to be able to vote without penalty, if there can be no conditions made for before or after work. (Dont quote me, but I think the polls in WV open later(7:00AM?) than in KY(6:00AM).

It will be difficult for many Obamaites to take a day off from work since they have no job or credible means of self support. But, then, many of them can change their usual "daily routine" to vote a time or two. With the prospect of money raining down from "Obama's Redistribution Heaven", there will be a lot of incentive for them to get out of bed.

It will be difficult for many Obamaites to take a day off from work since they have no job or credible means of self support. But, then, many of them can change their usual "daily routine" to vote a time or two. With the prospect of money raining down from "Obama's Redistribution Heaven", there will be a lot of incentive for them to get out of bed.
:lol:

As hard as I am trying not to, I can't help but to :laugh::laugh::laugh:

One of the better laughs I've had in a while.:thumb:

I made the mistake of voting before I read that the vote was for Obama supporters only. My bad.

As always, many get off topic and some even use a thread to take swings at people on the other side, and the childish name calling ect.

Back LBBC's question.

I am already off on election day, but not because of Obama. But I can see candidates asking this of their supporters, and I have seen it often in the past. If you are a volunteer for any candidate you want to do whatever you can, every candidate needs A LOT of workers on election day. Four years ago I was off on election day and working for a candidate, and one of my best friends who WAS a HUGE Bush fan took off to do the same for him.