Will you take the day off of work as Obama has asked his supporters to do?

Will you take election day off?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Will you take election day off?

You are in trouble. These mods can do anything and everything but guarantee us salvation (although I have to say, the suspensions are similar to the Eternal Fire), from what I understand.

Suspensions aren't quite Eternal Fire. With apologies and money, you can get a few more chances. :D

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most states have a law that allows you a certian amount of time to be off from your job to vote, without penalty. Because the states run elections, all laws vary from state to state. I know that because of when polls open and close in West Virginia, all employees may be released from thier jobs for a maximum of three hours on election day to be able to vote without penalty, if there can be no conditions made for before or after work. (Dont quote me, but I think the polls in WV open later(7:00AM?) than in KY(6:00AM).

^^ In KY, it's 4 hours, unpaid, and you need proof of voting.

No way will I take off, or let my kid miss school for an election. Why do they need volunteers? Both candidates have received hundreds of millions of dollars just this month, pay someone to go door to door! Quit mooching off me. I only expect that when you're in office.