Tilghman out of the playoffs ...

westsider

It was reported today that Paducah Tilghman will have to forfeit one of their two district wins because of an ineligible player and will not make the playoffs.

What a dropoff for a program that lost in the last seconds on a field goal in the state semifinals to the eventual state champion.

Sounds like the administration needs to take a long, hard look at the program ...

What was the player ruled ineligible for this late in the season?

What was the player ruled ineligible for this late in the season?
The player wasn't academically ineligible. It's my understanding that this wasn't caught until mid-September, after Tilghman won their first district game. Tilghman reported the issue and took the forfeit.

The player wasn't academically ineligible. It's my understanding that this wasn't caught until mid-September, after Tilghman won their first district game. Tilghman reported the issue and took the forfeit.

Hate to see a team with that much talent and athleticism not make the playoffs. Most of all you hate for the seniors that wont have a chance to make a run like Tilghman did last year.

Hate to see a team with that much talent and athleticism not make the playoffs. Most of all you hate for the seniors that wont have a chance to make a run like Tilghman did last year.
Ultimately, the forfeit isn't the primary reason that Tilghman is missing the playoffs. If Tilghman had performed up to their capabilities in the other three district games, they would have won the district title.

At this point, Tilghman's issues are a little deeper than just the forfeit.

Brad Lawson left Mayfield for several reasons, one of which was that he saw the chance to go to Tilghman as a great opportunity. Given the current alignment, you can make a pretty good argument that Tilghman afforded him a better chance to coach for a state championship team than Mayfield did.

Brad Lawson left Mayfield for several reasons, one of which was that he saw the chance to go to Tilghman as a great opportunity. Given the current alignment, you can make a pretty good argument that Tilghman afforded him a better chance to coach for a state championship team than Mayfield did.

Gotta be more than just that, more money maybe? I could argue that Mayfield has just as much of a shot at going to state each year.

Gotta be more than just that, more money maybe? I could argue that Mayfield has just as much of a shot at going to state each year.
The money is about the same, as I understand it ...

I think most people would agree that Tilghman benefitted from six classes as much as anyone ... in most years, they should have a clear path to the state semifinals and they don't have a program with multiple state titles awaiting them in the semifinals like Mayfield does with Beechwood.

I'm from northcentral KY, so I don't get many opportunities to see PT...but I have heard some rumors up here from friends who are from WKY...the stories I'm hearing are that people are drifting away from Paducah proper and more out into the schools like Heath and Lone Oak... (i.e., PT isn't getting all the studs anymore).

Any truth to that?

I'm from northcentral KY, so I don't get many opportunities to see PT...but I have heard some rumors up here from friends who are from WKY...the stories I'm hearing are that people are drifting away from Paducah proper and more out into the schools like Heath and Lone Oak... (i.e., PT isn't getting all the studs anymore).

Any truth to that?

Paducah and McCracken County have open enrollment, so there has been some movement in recent years. From an athletics standpoint, Lone Oak has gotten some kids from the city district ... Reidland and Heath, as far as I can tell, have had little or none.

Paducah and McCracken County have open enrollment, so there has been some movement in recent years. From an athletics standpoint, Lone Oak has gotten some kids from the city district ... Reidland and Heath, as far as I can tell, have had little or none.

If McCracken consolidates would that help or hurt PT? How soon would a possible consolidation take place if it were to happen?