MMA Fans: EliteXC is Closing Up Shop

ProElite, Inc., parent company of Elite Xtreme Combat, is throwing in the towel on mixed martial arts.

Several sources MMAWeekly.com spoke to said notifications had been sent out on Monday informing managers that the company was ceasing its fight promotion operations by the end of this week and it had begun the process of letting its employees go. One source even said that ProElite had already begun clearing out its corporate offices.

EliteXC’s remaining show scheduled for Nov. 8 in Reno, Nevada has been canceled. The card was due to be broadcast on Showtime networks, EliteXC’s original broadcast partner since the company’s formation in November of 2006.

Industry sources on Saturday informed MMAWeekly.com that ProElite made a last ditch effort to salvage its assets by selling off portions of the company, including fighter contracts and the satellite promotions it acquired in 2007.

LINK

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant say I didnt see this coming no matter how hard EXC tried to deny it. Im interested to see who the UFC tries to pick up.

Jake shields

Robbie Lawler

Nick Diaz

Antonio Silva - never fought under 300lbs

Paul Daley

Brett Rogers

Rafael Feijao

KJ Noons

Benji Radach

Dave Herman

Eddie Alvarez - non-exclusive contract with Adrenaline MMA

All guys the UFC should try and sign but there is problems with some of them.

Sorry, I started another thread before I saw this one. Anyways, I guess the "fix" put the nail in the coffin on this company.

They were done as soon as their farce of a superstar, Kimbo, got KO'd in 14 seconds. Their attempted "fix" went terribly.

Elite XC joins the International Fight League and Bodog Fight as high-profile competitors to the industry leader, the Ultimate Fighting Championship, to fold during the past year.

Elite XC’s two biggest attractions, Slice and Carano, are unlikely to be moving to the sport’s highest-profile group. UFC president Dana White has repeatedly said he won’t use Slice, who made his reputation as a backyard streetfighter on YouTube videos but is not the caliber of even a mid-level MMA pro. White also has said he’s not interested in promoting women’s fighting, although Carano’s success as a draw may cause him to reconsider. Her match with Kelly Kobold two weeks ago ended up adding more new viewers than any MMA match on television in the

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dm-elitexc102008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns