MMA Fans: EliteXC is Closing Up Shop

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that explains it. Every gambler is convinced they are privy to fixes, can spot fixes, or are otherwise prone to blame odd outcomes on fixes. There was no fix here. Kimbo was hit hard and he went down. There is nothing about that fight that would indicate that Kimbo did anything unnatural.

:thumb: :lol:

Have you ever been punched in the face with MMA gloves? If someone has a weak chin it doesn't take much to knock them out.

I've been punched with bare fist gloves and I didn't collapse like a girl. Like I said, that is just my opinion and I'm entitled to that :thumb:

I could care less to be honest with you. I don't have any wishful thinking at all because Kimbo or Petruzelli means nothing to me. Me and about a million other people think there was something fishy with the fight. Whether there was or not, I'm sticking with my opinion. I'm getting ready to watch it again to see if I can get a better look at it.

There's more then that that believe big foot exists. Does that make it so?

I've been punched with bare fist gloves and I didn't collapse like a girl. Like I said, that is just my opinion and I'm entitled to that :thumb:

Um...are you insinuating that women can't take a punch? Did you not watch the Carano fight?

I'm sure you have been punched as hard as Kimbo was punched, right in the eye. And I'm sure you've had someone standing over top of you reigning down punches. The jab just fazed Kimbo. The fact that he had little training is what beat him. He had no idea how to handle himself after that and while on the ground Petruzelli landed a big enough shot to KO Slice.

Um...are you insinuating that women can't take a punch? Did you not watch the Carano fight?

I'm sure you have been punched as hard as Kimbo was punched, right in the eye. And I'm sure you've had someone standing over top of you reigning down punches. The jab just fazed Kimbo. The fact that he had little training is what beat him. He had no idea how to handle himself after that and while on the ground Petruzelli landed a big enough shot to KO Slice.

I'm still not changing my opinion. :bunny::bunny::bunny:

In fact, there is wide speculation that the last 3 Kimbo fights were fixed :lol:

Here are Wilbon's comments from PTI after the last fight:

That was a more phantom punch than Ali had to knock out Liston in that fight in 1965,” Wilbon said of Petruzelli knocking Kimbo to the canvas. “Kimbo Slice, your boy, is a fraud.”

Wilbon’s on-air partner Dan Le Batard then said, point blank, “Are you saying it was fixed?”

Wilbon replied, “Yes.”

In fact, there is wide speculation that the last 3 Kimbo fights were fixed :lol:

Here are Wilbon's comments from PTI after the last fight:

That was a more phantom punch than Ali had to knock out Liston in that fight in 1965,” Wilbon said of Petruzelli knocking Kimbo to the canvas. “Kimbo Slice, your boy, is a fraud.”

Wilbon’s on-air partner Dan Le Batard then said, point blank, “Are you saying it was fixed?”

Wilbon replied, “Yes.”

Wilbon is now your expert on MMA? :laugh:

Wilbon knows nothing about MMA. Actually, I believe he has said numerous times that he hates it.

And how is one person "wide speculation"?

The previous Kimbo fight was a joke. The guy pounded him something like 50 consecutive times in the face without the fight being stopped. And I apologize Petruzelli is an journeyman, middle of the road fighter who was on the undercard of a terrible event. While I don't doubt that he could destroy me in a fight, he would be hard pressed to win a fight in the UFC nowadays