MMA Fans: EliteXC is Closing Up Shop

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilbon is now your expert on MMA? :laugh:

Wilbon knows nothing about MMA. Actually, I believe he has said numerous times that he hates it.

And how is one person "wide speculation"?

Do a Google search for Kimbo Slice Fight Fixed and see what you come up with.

I don't think you understand Mixed Martial Arts very much. It's not boxing. It's not basketball.

Fights end quickly. Andrei Arlovski won a fight once in around 10 seconds. It looked like a phantom punch, but in the replay it clearly shows he caught the guy on his jaw and knocked him out.

Anderson Silva knocked out James Irvin in under 20 seconds.

Very quick KO's happen. That doesn't automatically make it a fix.

I think that if the organization (EliteXC) tried to pay Petruzelli to stand up with Kimbo, that is wrong. It's possible that did happen. But for Kimbo to take a dive, that doesn't make sense. He has a lot of casual MMA fans ...or had a lot of casual MMA fans...thinking he was a very good fighter. If he won that fight, he stood to make a lot of money off of MMA in the future. Probably way more than he would have made off of any fix.

I really don't think Kimbo would have fixed this fight in order for himself to lose. If he did...he's an idiot.

1.) He is an idiot

2.) To say that the fight was a fix is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life, the whole shoulders of the company rested on a Slice victory, and if he loses, he's done in MMA and no more money for him.

1.) He is an idiot

2.) To say that the fight was a fix is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life, the whole shoulders of the company rested on a Slice victory, and if he loses, he's done in MMA and no more money for him.

While I agree with your statements, he wouldn't care if it was all over if he made a couple of million dollars under the table. What was he celebrating after the fight? He was knocked out and humiliated, but the first thing he screamed on the mic was "the afterparty is still on!"

I have watched it from 2 different angles and I'm calling a fix. Just my opinion of course:

I guess the glazed over look in Kimbo's eyes when he stood back up is what gave it away. Cmon man, Kimbo sucks, plain and simple.

While I agree with your statements, he wouldn't care if it was all over if he made a couple of million dollars under the table. What was he celebrating after the fight? He was knocked out and humiliated, but the first thing he screamed on the mic was "the afterparty is still on!"

What would you say in that situation? The truth is out, I stink?

Fighters are usually paid to do that by a certain club.