Someone Gets It...

Habib

The invocation today for a McCain rally in Iowa:

I also would also pray, Lord, that your reputation is involved in all that happens between now and November, because there are millions of people around this world praying to their god--whether it's Hindu, Buddha, Allah--that his opponent wins, for a variety of reasons. And Lord, I pray that you will guard your own reputation, because they're going to think that their God is bigger than you, if that happens. So I pray that you will step forward and honor your own name with all that happens between now and election day.

Nevermind that Hindus don't pray to "Hindu" and Buddhist don't pray to "Buddha," if they do pray at all, are there no Christians who pray for an Obama win, as ridiculous as it is to pray for a particular politician to win (in my opinion, but that's another can of worms)? I guess those religious individuals who want Obama to win direct their prayers to Allah.

So, because ONE minister delivering an invocation in Iowa means that McCain supporters or even McCain thinks individuals who want Obama to win direct their prayers to Allah? Come on Habib, that's about as thin as it gets.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, because ONE minister delivering an invocation in Iowa means that McCain supporters or even McCain thinks individuals who want Obama to win direct their prayers to Allah? Come on Habib, that's about as thin as it gets.

Where did he (Habib) say that? He used this as an example of the continuing mis-information that some are putting out their, either purposefully or because they themselves are not educated on the topic.

Where did he (Habib) say that? He used this as an example of the continuing mis-information that some are putting out their, either purposefully or because they themselves are not educated on the topic.
I see it as no different than what he's railing against. He's doing the same thing, taking comments from a few misguided people as though it's a common occurrence.

I see it as no different than what he's railing against. He's doing the same thing, taking comments from a few misguided people as though it's a common occurrence.
:thumb: It is a continuation of the orchestrated effort to portray the attendees of McCain-Palin rallies as angry, out of control mobs. One man yells, "Terrorist!" and another allegedly yells, "Kill him!" and suddenly every campaign event is a gathering of angry white men who McCain must reign in.

That is the current Obama narrative because when Palin speaks, millions of people listen. The attack the messenger strategy makes sense for a politician who employed the same tactics successfully against Hillary Clinton and her husband.

FoxNews is discussing the "terrorist!" and "kill him!" and "off with his head!" comments (hadn't heard that last one) right now, discussing it as fact, not "allegedly".
:lol: Okay, that's three angry white guys who have been among the tens of thousands of people who have attended McCain and Palin rallies. I see now that this is a HUGE CAMPAIGN ISSUE! I honestly do not know how I missed this issue before. With all of the thousands of adoring fans that Obama draws, how does he manage to avoid having a few angry supporters lashing out at McCain and Palin?

:lol: Okay, that's three angry white guys who have been among the tens of thousands of people who have attended McCain and Palin rallies. I see now that this is a HUGE CAMPAIGN ISSUE! I honestly do not know how I missed this issue before. With all of the thousands of adoring fans that Obama draws, how does he manage to avoid having a few angry supporters lashing out at McCain and Palin?

So, now that FoxNews has legitimized it, now you want to knock it? :lol:

So, now that FoxNews has legitimized it, now you want to knock it? :lol:
I do not believe that it is possible to legitimize this as a serious campaign issue.

If John McCain loses this election his supporters will accept voters' verdict peacefully. Several of Obama's supporters, including James Carville, have already warned of race riots if McCain wins. The angry mobs will be led by the same community organizers who are attempting to stuff ballot boxes from coast to coast on Obama's behalf.

Regardless of what you think about the supporters of McCain and Palin, angry mobs of their supporters are not going to be setting cars ablaze or tossing flaming sofas off of balconies on November 5, regardless of the outcome of this election.

I do not believe that it is possible to legitimize this as a serious campaign issue.

If John McCain loses this election his supporters will accept voters' verdict peacefully. Several of Obama's supporters, including James Carville, have already warned of race riots if McCain wins. The angry mobs will be led by the same community organizers who are attempting to stuff ballot boxes from coast to coast on Obama's behalf.

Regardless of what you think about the supporters of McCain and Palin, angry mobs of their supporters are not going to be setting cars ablaze or tossing flaming sofas off of balconies on November 5, regardless of the outcome of this election.

So you are trying to convince us to vote for Obama now? :D

So you are trying to convince us to vote for Obama now? :D
Just pointing out that angry and violent mobs have been much more closely associated with the Democratic Party than the Republican Party in the past and I doubt that will change anytime soon. Nobody is warning of widespread civil unrest in the event of a McCain loss. Efforts to portray crowds at McCain and Palin rallies as angry mobs are intellectually dishonest, IMO.

Just pointing out that angry and violent mobs have been much more closely associated with the Democratic Party than the Republican Party in the past and I doubt that will change anytime soon. Nobody is warning of widespread civil unrest in the event of a McCain loss. Efforts to portray crowds at McCain and Palin rallies as angry mobs are intellectually dishonest, IMO.

I guess I'm most surprised that in this day and age, there are those sorts of crowds at all. In the McCain footage, it was pretty much an entire audience of angry people. Many were unjustifiably angry, and some were angry because of misinformation they choose to believe, despite evidence to the contrary (the woman who beleives Obama is an Arab, for instance).

I don't think that there are angry mobs all over America. But it does concern me that there are people who are this angry.