Does This Make Any Sense?

In my comparative politics class today the professor told us that statistics back up the claim that the more money you have the more likely you are to vote Republican, and the more education you receive the more likely to vote Democrat.

To me that doesn't make any sense. Isn't it logical to assume that those who are the wealthiest would also be the brightest, more educated?

Is this statement even accurate?

In my comparative politics class today the professor told us that statistics back up the claim that the more money you have the more likely you are to vote Republican, and the more education you receive the more likely to vote Democrat.

To me that doesn't make any sense. Isn't it logical to assume that those who are the wealthiest would also be the brightest, more educated?

First of all, intelligence and education don't necessarily go hand in hand. A PERFECT example is my client base. The vast majority of my wealthy clients are self made business owners with very little education beyond high school. They are very intelligent people who have taken their ideas, implemented them, and worked their butts off to make themselves wealthy. Most of my "well-educated" clients are engaged in careers as college professors, lawyers, and doctors who do quite well financially but are not in the same league financially as most of my successful "business owning" clients. And yes, most of my business owning clients are Republican and most of my "well-educated" clients are Democrats.

What I can not figure out is that if democrats are so well educated??? Why do they want Washington D.C. to decide how to spend the money they earn??? I would think those with such a great deal of education would be able to better determine how to spend the income they make than those in D.C.???

What I can not figure out is that if democrats are so well educated??? Why do they want Washington D.C. to decide how to spend the money they earn??? I would think those with such a great deal of education would be able to better determine how to spend the income they make than those in D.C.???

I agree, but I also agree that everyone must choose to live a life according to their own concious(sp), this is where I have issues with the R. party.

Hense why I am for the L. Party:dancingpa

I would have to hear the entire context of this statement... but that particular statement really does not make a lot of sense if he/she said it like that.