Does This Make Any Sense?

I am not very good at computers, but if you google education level and income, you will see that the higher the education level the more you earn. This professor 1) has an agenda 2) is not very well suited to a professor.

Old money, like Teddy Kennedy?

In my comparative politics class today the professor told us that statistics back up the claim that the more money you have the more likely you are to vote Republican, and the more education you receive the more likely to vote Democrat.

To me that doesn't make any sense. Isn't it logical to assume that those who are the wealthiest would also be the brightest, more educated?

Is this statement even accurate?

I would think not-example Warren Buffett is a democrat and tops the Fortune 400.

I am not very good at computers, but if you google education level and income, you will see that the higher the education level the more you earn. This professor 1) has an agenda 2) is not very well suited to a professor.

Old money, like Teddy Kennedy?

Like George W. Bush.

It depends on how the data was collected an analyzed. How are we defining education level: years of education, highest degree held, or simply whether or not a person has a bachelor's degree or not? Is income self-reported as its exact number or is it fit into a range? What are those ranges? All of those could affect the results. It is quite likely that those who have a bachelor's degree earn significantly more than those without, but those with graduate degrees, for instance, may not earn significantly more. Or that those with bachelor's degrees split political views down the middle, but those with graduate degrees lean significantly toward the Democratic side. Without seeing the actual data it is quite ridiculous to speculate.