Newport 60 Bishop Brossart 0

Einstein70

A win is a win. Newport still racked up a lot penalties tonight. Brossart's defense was getting players in Newport's back field but lucky for Newport they were missing tackles. Brossart offense just could not get started. Next week against NC will tell the tale. Good luck Newport.

Tough night for the Mustangs and a good homecoming for the Wildcats!!

Does anyone have an update of the Lunn kid from Brossart, who left the game immobilized with the EMT's??

Haven't heard anything yet but I did notice that they had him sit up once prior to the squad coming over.

Will Brossart win a game this year?

Not sure what the remainder of their schedule is but I noticed that they have some descent size so perhaps they are headed in the right direction. I mean they have a good coaching staff in place and perhaps a better work ethic which will eventually help the program.

Will Brossart win a game this year?

It's realistically not looking too good for the very young Mustangs. They finish with district foes Ludlow (home) & Dayton (away), 5-1 Eminence (away), 3-2 Christian Academy of Louisville (home) and 2-4 Gallatin County (away). Dayton and Gallatin would appear to be the best chance on paper, but Gallatin beat Owen 27-6, who beat BBHS 18-6; and Dayton would seem to be better than their record indicates.

The staff will keep them playing hard, but they're really starting to get hit by the injury bug, with many key starters now out or hurt. With that many freshmen and sophs dotting the lineup (not a formula for winning varsity football), the road would appear to be uphill!!

My hat's off to the kids, coaches and fans for persisting, and I've no doubt their hard work will pay off--Just maybe not this year?? :thumb:

Not sure what the remainder of their schedule is but I noticed that they have some descent size so perhaps they are headed in the right direction. I mean they have a good coaching staff in place and perhaps a better work ethic which will eventually help the program.

Not sure what glasses you were wearing, but they really don't have much size; and much of what they had is out?? They spent much of the 2nd half at Newport Saturday night being led into battle by a 5'4"--115 lb. freshman QB (first year of organized football) who went to the hospital for stitches in the 2nd quarter, handing off to a 5'7"--150 lb. RB, behind a line averaging about 175-180 lbs.?

Totally agree on the staff, and they will be successful if given time to build this program from the ground (middle school/freshman level) up!! Hard to argue the work ethic now that this staff is in place either. They need to get into the weight room after the season, and find some more players with real football experience!!

Unfortunately our already disadvantaged fledgling Mustangs are presently decimated by injuries, forcing a youth movement which only weakens an already fragile ballclub. Hindsight being 20-20 we need to be playing JV football this season.

Hope springs eternal each new day, but being realistic as Sticker Mann says, the light at the end of this tunnel is an oncoming train. We have been outscored 172-0 in our previous three games. I compliment our kids and coaches for showing up each week with a positive attitude, but at some point, this isn't going to be fun anymore. With five games remaining on our schedule, the theme is turning toward survival until we can get off the field, regroup, and get into the weight room.

In an upcoming promo I've compared our football program with our valiant 6' 150 pound freshmen quarterback. Young, physically immature, hardly filling out his uniform, taking his lumps on a play-by-play basis. I state that he will improve with age, experience, and workouts until he and his cohorts become juniors or seniors and then, perhaps only then, will the Brossart football Mustangs be successful. This is something that we are going to have to grow into, but unfortunately at the moment it is something that we have been committed and obligated to. Mismatches in basketball only show up on the scoreboard. In football they really take a toll on your physical well-being, as is presently evidenced by our rash of injuries.

A close knowledgeable fan/friend said to me that "the players on our team look like they should be in the band - only we are not playing the other team's band." Right now there is more truth to that statement than fiction.

On a broadcast last year Bill Klopp, a veteran knowledgeable guy who has been around football for decades made a profound statement. He said, "These coaches (our opponents) know that they are going to have to play this Brossart team for a lot of years to come, and they know what's in store for them down the road." I truly believe that statement. I have seen it evolve in Brossart baseball, basketball, and soccer. I do believe that it will someday evolve in our football program, but first we have to survive the next few games and seasons.

Not sure what glasses you were wearing, but they really don't have much size; and much of what they had is out?? They spent much of the 2nd half at Newport Saturday night being led into battle by a 5'4"--115 lb. freshman QB (first year of organized football) who went to the hospital for stitches in the 2nd quarter, handing off to a 5'7"--150 lb. RB, behind a line averaging about 175-180 lbs.?

Totally agree on the staff, and they will be successful if given time to build this program from the ground (middle school/freshman level) up!! Hard to argue the work ethic now that this staff is in place either. They need to get into the weight room after the season, and find some more players with real football experience!!

Yeah maybe I'm giving them a boost but in all reality a lot of teams in A and AA average the same as far line men go. The Buckler kid for Bellevue is not much bigger than BB running back too. At least they came to play against a Newport team that had size and speed.