Newport 60 Bishop Brossart 0

Einstein70

It is going to be a long year for Brossart. Besides them getting into the groove of just playing football, hitting the weights and starting a youth program, when will the time come when the kids from southern Campbell County start going to Brossart for football instead of Newport Central Catholic? I'm sure that St. Joe's and St. Mary have some good athletes that opt for New Cath football instead of going to Brossart football. Are there any rules on this, or can any kid in Campbell County go to Brossart or New Cath?

When will the time come when the kids from southern Campbell County start going to Brossart for football instead of Newport Central Catholic? I'm sure that St. Joe's and St. Mary have some good athletes that opt for New Cath football instead of going to Brossart football. Are there any rules on this, or can any kid in Campbell County go to Brossart or New Cath?
Depends on who you talk to.

St. Mary, St. Joseph - Cold Spring, St. Philip, Sts. Peter and Paul, and St. Joseph - Camp Spring are all officially designated as Brossart feeder schools. However, the districting rules are largely ignored and for the most part, graduates of those schools go wherever they want with no penalty. There are rules against recruiting outside of your own district.

We want very much to keep our football playing district student/athletes at home and help Brossart develop a competitive football program, with the full realization that the true blue-chipper is probably going to ply his trade elsewhere for awhile.

We are convinced that there are many Brossart district football players at other schools who are not 1st stringers there that could really help establish the program at Brossart.

By getting a combination of home-grown talent to stay home, and to bolster that talent with mid-range blue-collar experienced football players we can probably clear that first big "become competitive" hurdle.

On a broadcast last year Bill Klopp, a veteran knowledgeable guy who has been around football for decades made a profound statement. He said, "These coaches (our opponents) know that they are going to have to play this Brossart team for a lot of years to come, and they know what's in store for them down the road." I truly believe that statement. I have seen it evolve in Brossart baseball, basketball, and soccer. I do believe that it will someday evolve in our football program, but first we have to survive the next few games and seasons.

No offense .. but if you really believe that football coaches in this area have this thought in their mind ... you are fooling your self. When the time comes--some coaches may cower in fear--but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. But the mentality for football is a little different than your comment displays. The good coaches want to play the best teams ... if Brossart gets to that point ... the good coaches will most likely think "Brossart doesn't know what they have in store for them" ... there definitely won't be a lot of 2nd thoughts in their mind until the ship is righted.

To me .. .this arrogant statement is the reason why Brossart is not making the kind of progress that you could be making. As an outsider ... it borders on amusing.

Focus on the improvement every single day ... and support the kids and coaches (which everyone seems to be doing). Quit making excuses about injuries .. they are going to happen in 1A football and they are going to happen OFTEN. The teams that develop depth--and don't lose their composure (when injuries happen) are the teams that never miss a beat.

Good luck to the kids at Brossart ... but honestly ... the quote above isn't the right thought process when it comes to football.