Obama takes a 7 point lead over McCain

AP poll: Obama takes a 7-point lead over McCain

Several GOP strategists close to McCain's campaign privately fret that his chances for victory are starting to slip away.

These Republicans, speaking on condition of anonymity to avoid angering the campaign, point to several factors: Obama's gains nationally and in traditionally GOP states, no McCain boost from the first debate, McCain's struggles with economic issues as the financial crisis has unfolded and deepening public skepticism about his running mate, Sarah Palin.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081002/ap_on_el_pr/ap_poll_presidential_race

Can't say I agree with that one covercorner.

Reason being is that there are no National polls that can be effectivley accurate, IMO. They are a mishmash and average of many different polls from many different areas(not always a bad thing.) The reason I say ignore "national" polls, is because there is no true "National" Campaign. California and Kentucky, New York, ect, don't get the campaigning that Ohio, Florida ect. do.

Reason being is that there are no National polls that can be effectivley accurate, IMO. They are a mishmash and average of many different polls from many different areas(not always a bad thing.) The reason I say ignore "national" polls, is because there is no true "National" Campaign. California and Kentucky, New York, ect, don't get the campaigning that Ohio, Florida ect. do.

And I agree with you in large part, but national polls do have considerable value, in my opinion.

There were some on here that predicted a McCain blowout by November. Of course that was after the boost from the RNC and before the economy blew up.

I don't know if that is true that anyone thought that, but I guess you may be right.

There were some on here that predicted a McCain blowout by November. Of course that was after the boost from the RNC and before the economy blew up.

I can't remember anyone predicting a McCain blowout win.

There have been numerous people on here that have predicted an Obama blowout victory though.

I expect all of them to be wrong as I feel this race is going to be very, very tight....

I stated that if there is a landslide, then it will be McCain's landslide. I cannot imagine Barrack Obama winning the electoral college by a wide margin although I can still see events falling into place that would result in a McCain-Palin landslide. Palin's performance tonight makes an Obama landslide win a virtual impossibility.