Who will McCain pick as his running mate?

Very interesting take, Jim, but you are wrong. There have been quite a few liberals for whom I have respected very much despite disagreeing with them on the issues. The list include Dennis Kucinich (who has been unfairly abused by the liberal media, IMO), Tip O'Neil, Jerry Brown, Paul Wellstone, Ed Koch, and Joe Lieberman, among others. I just despise the dishonest liberals who are afraid to honestly state their positions and run as moderates in general elections - such as Obama, for example.

I admit that the list of liberal politicians who I consider relatively honest is pretty short, but I actually enjoy listening to interviews of liberals like Kucinich and Brown. They leave no doubt where they stand on issues and make no apologies. They present such a contrast to liars like Pelosi, Reid, Murtha, and the long list of corrupt, lying liberal jerks who are leading the Democratic Party these days.

BTW, I also have very little respect for most Republicans in the US Senate. The Senate is the most corrupt government body in our federal government, IMO, and most politicians have been thoroughly corrupted by the time they get to the Senate.

It is unfortunate that at least three candidates for the two major parties will be US Senators. Hopefully, McCain will not name a fourth as his running mate.

WOW!! Are you really that bitter and cynical? If I felt that way I'd either move to a place that I felt was less corupt or just stay in bed. For what it is worth I have a very different view. I think that the vast majority of our elected officials are good people that want what is best for our country. They have strongly different ideas about how to get there. Are they imperfect? Of course, but I can't understand what seems to be the pathological need for some on the right and the left to believe that the world is a miseable place full of people out to cheat the system and everyone else.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a very smart decision would be to NOT put Romney in as the VP but go ahead and announce that he will fill whatever is considered the top economic job in the cabinet.

You get his economic background going for your campaign and him in Michigan but do not have the backage of him as VP and the evangelical concerns that go with him.

That speaks poorly on the evangelicals, and is an embarrassment IMO that his faith is a factor.

WOW!! Are you really that bitter and cynical? If I felt that way I'd either move to a place that I felt was less corupt or just stay in bed. For what it is worth I have a very different view. I think that the vast majority of our elected officials are good people that want what is best for our country. They have strongly different ideas about how to get there. Are they imperfect? Of course, but I can't understand what seems to be the pathological need for some on the right and the left to believe that the world is a miseable place full of people out to cheat the system and everyone else.
I never said that the world is a miserable place and I am actually pretty optimistic about the future.

However, the US Senate is broken because there is too much job security there, which is related to the amount of money required to overcome the advantages of the incumbents. I assume US Senators are corrupt until they convince me otherwise.

In the short term, I am less optimistic with our choice in November's race involving either three or four US Senators.

Eventually the tide will turn, probably starting in the House of Representatives, and a majority of people will decide that they have had enough of corrupt obstructionists acting in their own self interests. It happened in 1994 and it will eventually happen again.

I think the vast majority start out that way but I believe the environment in Washington eventually wears many (not most) of them down and they just go along with the system. They're still good people but I think they just tire of beating their heads against the wall.

I think the vast majority start out that way but I believe the environment in Washington eventually wears many (not most) of them down and they just go along with the system. They're still good people but I think they just tire of beating their heads against the wall.
That is why I believe McCain probably has John Kasich high on his list of potential running mates. Kasich got fed up with Washington, never became a US Senator, and has been out of office long enough to be considered a Washington outsider. He can credibly attack out of control spending by Bush and Congress and can take much credit for balancing the budget while Clinton was in office. The same can be said of former Democrat Congressman Tim Penny, who will be stumping for McCain.

Does anyone know where the list is of our elected officials who have either been convicted of a crime, ran a failed business, or declared bankruptcy?

It is probably just the angle of the picture. The kid at the bottom in the pink looks like she is definetly up to no good.

She has down syndome......

Does anyone know where the list is of our elected officials who have either been convicted of a crime, ran a failed business, or declared bankruptcy?

She has down syndome......

Palin has five children and the youngest was born April 18, 2008, and he is the child born with Down's Syndrome.

That speaks poorly on the evangelicals, and is an embarrassment IMO that his faith is a factor.

We had a President who had no values in his decision making and what we got was Bill Clinton who lied and cheated on his wife and child.

Yeah, I do think that the value system and what it is based on is important in an election.

I guess you would vote for an open Satanic worshipper as long as they had the right credentials?

We had a President who had no values in his decision making and what we got was Bill Clinton who lied and cheated on his wife and child.

Yeah, I do think that the value system and what it is based on is important in an election.

I guess you would vote for an open Satanic worshipper as long as they had the right credentials?

If I agreed with him on enough issues, I would highly consider it.