Who will McCain pick as his running mate?

PalinFamily_Outside_web.jpg

She seems to lead all VP candidates in procreation. Procreates unite!

Palin's fifth child, born only a few months ago, has Down's Syndrome and Palin knew during her pregnancy. Palin is a conservative who has walked the walk and earned the respect and admiration of an overwhelming majority of Alaskans.

If McCain does not put her on his ticket, Palin will remain among the brightest young stars in the Republican Party. She would make an excellent Secretary of the Interior if she gets passed over for VP.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Another woman who may be on McCain's short list is Texas' Kay Bailey Hutchison. There are many women who would have voted for Hillary simply because she is a woman and McCain is bound to have at least considered putting a woman on his ticket. Hutchison has plenty of experience, but putting a 65-year old US Senator on his ticket may not be a good move.

I think he puts a woman on the ticket and he wins.

Hillary supporters will be furious at Obama and run to a McCain-female ticket to get back at him.

I was a Hillary supporter, and I wouldn't vote for McCain just because he puts a female on the ticket :lol:. I wouldn't vote for John McCain regardless though...

I think he puts a woman on the ticket and he wins.

Hillary supporters will be furious at Obama and run to a McCain-female ticket to get back at him.

I was a Hillary supporter, and I wouldn't vote for McCain just because he puts a female on the ticket :lol:. I wouldn't vote for John McCain regardless though...

I should have qualified that and said women.

Poll showed tonight 33% of women said Biden was the right choice. 27% said he was the wrong choice.

He has one way to change that. And her name begins with the letter O.

He is his ace in the hole.

With former Minnesota Democratic Congressman Tim Penny's recent decision to publicly endorse McCain, I am predicting that dark horse former Ohio Congressman John Kasich, will be McCain's running mate. I also predict that whoever McCain decides to put on the ticket, the name will be leaked near the end of the Clinton/Obama convention, "forcing" McCain to announce his selection early, to steal some Democratic thunder.

Kasich and Penny are good friends who were the leading deficit hawks in the House during the years that they served there. Kasich is pro-life, has a sqeeky clean image. He would not be my first choice, but Kasich is probably a perfect fit for McCain. If I am right, Kasich may have recruited Penny to campaign for a McCain/Kasich ticket.

If McCain does pass over Romney, then Romney will still play a visible role in the campaign. Passing over Romney after ridiculing Obama for not picking the runner-up in the Democratic race has its own downside but I really do not think McCain wants Romney as his running mate.

With former Minnesota Democratic Congressman Tim Penny's recent decision to publicly endorse McCain, I am predicting that dark horse former Ohio Congressman John Kasich, will be McCain's running mate. I also predict that whoever McCain decides to put on the ticket, the name will be leaked near the end of the Clinton/Obama convention, "forcing" McCain to announce his selection early, to steal some Democratic thunder.

Kasich and Penny are good friends who were the leading deficit hawks in the House during the years that they served there. Kasich is pro-life, has a sqeeky clean image. He would not be my first choice, but Kasich is probably a perfect fit for McCain. If I am right, Kasich may have recruited Penny to campaign for a McCain/Kasich ticket.

If McCain does pass over Romney, then Romney will still play a visible role in the campaign. Passing over Romney after ridiculing Obama for not picking the runner-up in the Democratic race has its own downside but I really do not think McCain wants Romney as his running mate.

I think a very smart decision would be to NOT put Romney in as the VP but go ahead and announce that he will fill whatever is considered the top economic job in the cabinet.

You get his economic background going for your campaign and him in Michigan but do not have the backage of him as VP and the evangelical concerns that go with him.

I think you are seeing things, perhaps because Palin is a conservative. If I am mistaken, it may explain why Sarah Barracuda was only Miss Congeniality in the Miss Alaska pageant.

sarah_during_her_pageant_days_1.jpg

Until this thread, I had never heard of her. Unlike you, I'm not someone who immediately discounts those who might be idealogically different from me. I simply made an observation based on the top photo in the group, which makes it look as though the lady has an Adam's apple.

Until this thread, I had never heard of her. Unlike you, I'm not someone who immediately discounts those who might be idealogically different from me. I simply made an observation based on the top photo in the group, which makes it look as though the lady has an Adam's apple.
Very interesting take, Jim, but you are wrong. There have been quite a few liberals for whom I have respected very much despite disagreeing with them on the issues. The list include Dennis Kucinich (who has been unfairly abused by the liberal media, IMO), Tip O'Neil, Jerry Brown, Paul Wellstone, Ed Koch, and Joe Lieberman, among others. I just despise the dishonest liberals who are afraid to honestly state their positions and run as moderates in general elections - such as Obama, for example.

I admit that the list of liberal politicians who I consider relatively honest is pretty short, but I actually enjoy listening to interviews of liberals like Kucinich and Brown. They leave no doubt where they stand on issues and make no apologies. They present such a contrast to liars like Pelosi, Reid, Murtha, and the long list of corrupt, lying liberal jerks who are leading the Democratic Party these days.

BTW, I also have very little respect for most Republicans in the US Senate. The Senate is the most corrupt government body in our federal government, IMO, and most politicians have been thoroughly corrupted by the time they get to the Senate.

It is unfortunate that at least three candidates for the two major parties will be US Senators. Hopefully, McCain will not name a fourth as his running mate.