Cooper 2008

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also like to know where I could find the boundaries for the Boone Co system? I have a feeling I don't know which school my child would attend?

As one who has lived in Oakbrook since 1983 trust me, it doesn't matter where you currently live! Your current High School today, could be another one in five years. We have been in the Boone district, then the Conner district and then back to the Boone District and as I have said we have lived in the same home since 1983.....

As one who has lived in Oakbrook since 1983 trust me, it doesn't matter where you currently live! Your current High School today, could be another one in five years. We have been in the Boone district, then the Conner district and then back to the Boone District and as I have said we have lived in the same home since 1983.....

This is true that the boundaries have, and probably will, continue to change, but in the school board's defense Boone County is one of the fastest (at one THE fastest) growing districts in the state. There is no way to accommodate this type of growth without adding new schools and occasionally altering the existing boundaries to ensure the schools are somewhat equally sized.

Did Cooper choose to jump right into varsity play over starting with a JV-type schedule? Or did they not have that option?

Not sure why they chose to jump right into the fire and personally I don't think it was the smart decision on Coopers part. In looking at their schedule it appears they are going to get drilled on a weekly basis with the exception of scheduling a game with Walton, (another 1st year program) which doesn't make a lot of sense on either schools part IMO.

Not sure why they chose to jump right into the fire and personally I don't think it was the smart decision on Coopers part. In looking at their schedule it appears they are going to get drilled on a weekly basis with the exception of scheduling a game with Walton, (another 1st year program) which doesn't make a lot of sense on either schools part IMO.

Walton did it the right way. Started with a freshman team, who went on the become their JV team last year, and who are now their varsity team.

I don't think it was the administration's decision at Cooper to go Varsity - heard it was decided at the board office - if they played a jv schedule then I think the to be juniors would have gotten to make the decision whether to stay at their current school or move. Playing a varsity schedule in all areas they were making sure that only the seniors to be had the option to stay or move.