Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 2008

Featured Replies

A couple of questions. What other districts are they drawing students from? Has anyone heard about potential players?

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also like to know where I could find the boundaries for the Boone Co system? I have a feeling I don't know which school my child would attend?

I would also like to know where I could find the boundaries for the Boone Co system? I have a feeling I don't know which school my child would attend?

 

As one who has lived in Oakbrook since 1983 trust me, it doesn't matter where you currently live! Your current High School today, could be another one in five years. We have been in the Boone district, then the Conner district and then back to the Boone District and as I have said we have lived in the same home since 1983.....

I think the majority of their students are coming from Conner with some of them coming from Ryle.

As one who has lived in Oakbrook since 1983 trust me, it doesn't matter where you currently live! Your current High School today, could be another one in five years. We have been in the Boone district, then the Conner district and then back to the Boone District and as I have said we have lived in the same home since 1983.....

 

This is true that the boundaries have, and probably will, continue to change, but in the school board's defense Boone County is one of the fastest (at one THE fastest) growing districts in the state. There is no way to accommodate this type of growth without adding new schools and occasionally altering the existing boundaries to ensure the schools are somewhat equally sized.

go to the http://www.boone.kyschools.us click on Cooper High School and pull up there web site and explains everything you are asking about in this thread. Most of the player's came from Conner, very small from Boone and a little more from Ryle. JD

Do they have a full schedule. 10 games?

I would also like to know where I could find the boundaries for the Boone Co system? I have a feeling I don't know which school my child would attend?

 

That is easy, it is over in Independence!!!!!

Did Cooper choose to jump right into varsity play over starting with a JV-type schedule? Or did they not have that option?

Did Cooper choose to jump right into varsity play over starting with a JV-type schedule? Or did they not have that option?

 

Not sure why they chose to jump right into the fire and personally I don't think it was the smart decision on Coopers part. In looking at their schedule it appears they are going to get drilled on a weekly basis with the exception of scheduling a game with Walton, (another 1st year program) which doesn't make a lot of sense on either schools part IMO.

Not sure why they chose to jump right into the fire and personally I don't think it was the smart decision on Coopers part. In looking at their schedule it appears they are going to get drilled on a weekly basis with the exception of scheduling a game with Walton, (another 1st year program) which doesn't make a lot of sense on either schools part IMO.

 

Walton did it the right way. Started with a freshman team, who went on the become their JV team last year, and who are now their varsity team.

Connor

Ryle

Holy Cross

Simon Kenton

Boone

Campbell Co

Gallatin Co

Prestonsburg

North Hardin

I don't think it was the administration's decision at Cooper to go Varsity - heard it was decided at the board office - if they played a jv schedule then I think the to be juniors would have gotten to make the decision whether to stay at their current school or move. Playing a varsity schedule in all areas they were making sure that only the seniors to be had the option to stay or move.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.