Everything posted by Bullwinkle
-
Is an opposing band playing while your team is offense against the rules or not?
I didn't think the Stanford band played very good defense.
-
Williamsburg 23 Ludlow 14
Any update on the injured Williamsburg player?
-
Whose rankings do you use when talking high school football?
Calpreps is really good. Its a great place for scores from around the country. They also have the GCL south as the best in the country to answer another thread.
-
Ryle/Lexington Catholic Updates - GREAT quality live video stream
what's the video link?
-
Are the Semi-Finals too important to allow a Home Field advantage for no reason?
We could go the route of Colorado and give the Home field to the lower seed in the semis to be "fair." I am little surprised they even bother to keep score with that mentality....
-
Boone County Football Coach Ben Brown
Ben is one of the great people we have in NKY!!!
-
Beechwood / Newport Central Catholic Updates
Time left?
-
Kristina Brossart, Wife Of Dixie Heights HC Dave Brossart Has Passed Away
So sad. Prayers from me!!
-
Matchups you'd like to see
Beechwood vs Delphos St. John (Ohio) or Marion Local (Ohio)
-
What is Highlands' secret?
NKY Harry and OCNB are spot on. I can only add as a long time observer: 1. Team speed. Not just the positions you expect to be fast but every player. 2. Excellent athletes playing on the line. (even if they have to be moved to the line from another position) I just never see any other team commit to this as a rule.
-
Did Conner run up the score on Franklin County?
yeah sure. They should have run the ball more. ;-)
-
Is the overall quality of Ky football improving; holding steady; or declining?
I have to say I got those number from a different site. They had them broken down by state not school. I do think the level of play overall is slowly improving. I see school B looking at school A and saying "we are still not winning against them, how do we get better." That approach forces team C to do the same thing. (or at least it should)
-
Is the overall quality of Ky football improving; holding steady; or declining?
Here is the record of KY against out of state schools for the last 9 years. year W/L winning % 2011 45-46 49% 2010 37-58 39% 2009 40-51 43% 2008 24-31 43% 2007 25-30 45% 2006 41-44 48% 2005 31-43 39% 2004 28-45 38% 2003 30-44 40%
-
Belfry's Philip Haywood ties all-time win mark
The first time I ever saw a Belfry game was in the semi-finals at Lloyd. (In a driving snow storm) I was impressed then and I still am. Well done Coach Haywood.
-
Madrick Resigns as Holmes Athletic Director
A gentleman, a professional and just a nice guy!!!!!
-
Ryle 35 Simon Kenton 14
I thought the first interception was a ball thrown to a spot on a timing route and the reciever never got there. I also thought the completion on the deep scramble by Lawrence, thrown across the field to in front of Ryle's bench was just amazing.
-
NKY Past Players.
Boone County DE. Ryan Whalen Conner RB Bill Samad
-
When Players Do Not Know the Rules
- Highlands Football Field
Dayton's field isn't big enough for football.........- What has happened to Dayton?
That would help a lot of teams. But NKY needs him to keep wearing the zebra shirt. I don't think coaching is as big an issue as people think. 6 starters out and a few bad apples have turned that barrel.- Who benefits / suffers the most from the new alignment?
I'm sure Bracken County would rather be in a Distict with Ludlow and Dayton.- Directions to Walton-Verona?
Take the AA Hwy to I-275 West to I-75 South to I-71 South. Take the first exit, #72. Turn left. Go 1/4 mile and turn left into the sports complex. The driveway is next to Rice Auto Body. Walton is at Beechwood this week. The Walton vs Brossart game is Saturday 10/9 at Newport.- Why does Ohio have a better brand of football than Kentucky?
C-Boy78, maybe I misunderstand your post, but in Ohio you get no points in the Harbins for a loss.- Best KY HS Football Rivalries
Bellevue vs. Dayton! The cities are divided by O’Fallon Ave. The cities are so small have a combined Fire Dept. The stadiums are less than a mile from each other. Many of the players are related to those on the other team. They played twice a year until recently. Truly one of the great rivalries.- Question for those who've played prep football
I played more O'line than anything, and I loved it. There was always great personal satisfaction when you make a block to spring a back for a TD or 1st down or when the Quarterback throws a TD and celebrates with you on the way to the PAT. A personal favorite was when the other teams coach was yelling at the man across from me because his uniform was only dirty on the back and we had just run the ball at him about 5 consecutive plays. - Highlands Football Field