Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When Players Do Not Know the Rules

Featured Replies

High school game in Florida. Winner goes to the playoffs. Game tied with a few seconds left. All the qb needs to do is kneel and the game goes to OT.

 

Kid doesn't know the rules. Runs around in the backfield until the clock hits zero. He thinks the quarter is over. As you'll see, he simply stops and the defense takes the ball from him and runs into the endzone for the winning TD.

 

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/highschool/football/os-hs-winter-springs-weird-play-20101109,0,6000382.story

High school game in Florida. Winner goes to the playoffs. Game tied with a few seconds left. All the qb needs to do is kneel and the game goes to OT.

 

Kid doesn't know the rules. Runs around in the backfield until the clock hits zero. He thinks the quarter is over. As you'll see, he simply stops and the defense takes the ball from him and runs into the endzone for the winning TD.

 

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/highschool/football/os-hs-winter-springs-weird-play-20101109,0,6000382.story

 

ala Greg Hergott....

 

Anybody remember!!!

 

Not saying he didn't know the Rules which I'm sure he did but........:sssh:

  • Author
ala Greg Hergott....

 

Not saying he didn't know the Rules which I'm sure he did but........:sssh:

 

I was wondering how many posts it would take before that play was mentioned.

I was wondering how many posts it would take before that play was mentioned.

 

Not long....:thumb:

 

I use that play(situation) to this day when teaching the game of football....

The kid may not have known the rules, but why didn't he run the play that was called? They were set up in an obvious kneel down formation. Just run the play the coaches call and you are fine.

  • Author
The kid may not have known the rules, but why didn't he run the play that was called? They were set up in an obvious kneel down formation. Just run the play the coaches call and you are fine.

 

Sometimes a kid outhinks his coach.

ala Greg Hergott....

 

Anybody remember!!!

 

Not saying he didn't know the Rules which I'm sure he did but........:sssh:

 

And didn't one of the refs blow his whistle once the clock hit zero?

  • Author
And didn't one of the refs blow his whistle once the clock hit zero?

 

Depends on who you ask.

I heard a whistle...I was standing in that endzone when it happened!

  • Author
I heard a whistle...I was standing in that endzone when it happened!

 

I seem to remember Channel 5 having video and audio of the play and hearing a whistle .

I was there, I didn't hear a whistle, but I did hear it on the replay later on the news. On the Louisville news that night the officials were quoted as saying they blew the whistle because they thought Hergott stepped out of the end zone, but he was nowhere near the edge of the end zone.

I don't know but I really don't like discussing a football mishap that happened years ago. I'm also sure that the player that messed up in Florida would wish that it would also just go away. Pretty sure the boy in Florida has done plenty to help his team win and doesn't need a Kentucky web site discussing his mishaps but maybe praising the good that he does. So do we really need to go back and discuss all the mishaps of the ole timers on this site that have had that one play they just wish would never come up in discussion again.:idunno:

"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

 

- either Santayana or a high-school football coach

I don't know but I really don't like discussing a football mishap that happened years ago. I'm also sure that the player that messed up in Florida would wish that it would also just go away. Pretty sure the boy in Florida has done plenty to help his team win and doesn't need a Kentucky web site discussing his mishaps but maybe praising the good that he does. So do we really need to go back and discuss all the mishaps of the ole timers on this site that have had that one play they just wish would never come up in discussion again.:idunno:

 

Seems like a certain FB game from 1975 keeps rearing its ugly head on this site...........LOLOLOL!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.