Boring drives

malachicrunch

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any more boring stretch of road than the 120 miles between Indy and South Bend on state route 31? Up and back twice in the same week. I've seen enough corn and golf carts for sale, for a while now.

You could always stop at Wilson's Amish Barn. Or get a lamp post. Or a golf cart. Or stop in Mexico... :D

Driving from far West back to KY trumps everything in the boring drive category. It's nothing but flat land with nothing in sight all the meanwhile the humidity continually gets worse and every mile closer you get to home draws just that much more sweat out of you...

The Western Kentucky Parkway.

The Bluegrass Parkway.

Interstate 10 between Lake City and Jacksonville.

That's a breeze compared to:

Interstate 10 between Lake City and Pensacola

Interstate 75 between Lake City and Macon

My big winner....

US 19 between Spring Hill, FL and I-10 (250 miles of nothing)

1.) The Western Kentucky Parkway without a doubt. Very few exits and there just isn't anything to see. Maybe one big house near Beaver Dam and that's it.

2.) Cumberland Parkway from Bowling Green to Columbia. Yuk.

3.) I-57 once you pass Rend Lake going to Chicago. Rend Lake is kind of neat.

4.) I-30 Memphis to Little Rock. Nothing but dirt along this route. Horrible.

5.) Did I mention the Western Kentucky Parkway?

What some people's perspective of a boring drive is completely different than mine. To me, seeing the same exact thing with little variance over a long period of time is boring.

Mountain Parkway has plenty of curves and hills to keep you awake.

My most boring stretches:

1. I-75 from Macon, GA to Lake City, FL..... peanut farm, peanut farm, peanut farm, peanut farm, peanut farm, exit to tiny town, peanut farm, peanut farm....

2. Western Kentucky Parkway... same as above except replace "peanut farm" with "tobacco farm". At least tobacco usually is green though, and not dry and brown like through Georgia.

3. I-64 from Corydon, IN until East St. Louis, Illinois. Straight, flat, very few trees...a whole lot worse to drive at night then in the day though.

4. Alligator Alley. The enduring factor here is the shear ammount of random roadkill breaks the monotony

5. Cumberland Parkway from Adair County to Bowling Green.. Lots of cows, lots of straight road, only small towns