Hal Mumme needs fan support. NOW!

The Scribe

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh::laugh: :dancingpa:dancingpa :lol::lol:

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I don't even feel for the school.....New Mexico State was stupid enough to hire the bum.:D

Hal Bumme more like it. Ain't that right OR??? :D

Don't care what folks say about my pal Hal is can coach some offense.

How come folks don't feel the same way about others on that staff? Example Franklin, everyone around here loves him. Does everyone not think this guy might have been involved. Just like all of the other coaches.

Don't care what folks say about my pal Hal is can coach some offense.

How come folks don't feel the same way about others on that staff? Example Franklin, everyone around here loves him. Does everyone not think this guy might have been involved. Just like all of the other coaches.

1. Hal was the head coach.

2. UK said Franklin was not involved in it.

I read Franklin's book.

He had some serious axes to grind in it.

One thing that is clearly evident, is that Tony Franklin thought he was the mastermind of that type of an offense. It was Mumme's offense. Franklin learned from Mumme. In the book he tried to take too much credit for it.

I hate the position he put the Cats in with the probation and what not, but that offense was TONS OF FUN to watch. I wish we still had the Air Raid attack.

I understand what you are saying and there are alot of people that probably feel the same way. I have to disagree just bc of the fact that Mumme's offense imo was never good enough to win big (SEC) bc he completely disregarded defense. "Bumme" didn't care if his teams played defense, his offense either scored quick or was 3 and out a lot of times therefore giving the ball back to the opponet for the U.K. matador defense to wave at as they ran by them for a score.

I must say that I was one that could not stand Hal Mumme from the day that he was hired. The guy reminded me of one of those crooked used car salesmen:D and it turned out that I was right. I didn't like his Air Raid offense bc he almost completely disregarded the run. A team imo has to be able to run the football and play defense to win big. I am not against the passing game at all. I just hate to see teams that do nothing but throw the thing all over the field.

I would be willing to bet all the coaches knew about the type of techinques that occurred

:thumb: I agree on that.

I read Franklin's book.

He had some serious axes to grind in it.

One thing that is clearly evident, is that Tony Franklin thought he was the mastermind of that type of an offense. It was Mumme's offense. Franklin learned from Mumme. In the book he tried to take too much credit for it.

I have read the book and I did not get that sense at all. I thought he was honest and humble. He admitted that there were things that he wished he did differently, as well as things he observed that had happened. Of course, I also understand, unless a person was part of the staff, he really doesn't know what happened.

Tony Franklin has complimented and has given credit to Hal Mumme time and time again. Just like any coach, he has taken parts of what he has learned from different coaches and made his own mark. After what he has done in the area of consultation to many high schools across the country, if he wants to pat himself on the back, I won't stop him.

It's funny how different people percieve things. I also read Franklins book and came away feeling he may have been the only one on the staff cockier than Hal. What's he done for high schools across the country is make a pocketful of money.