Bill Due

We all lost a great friend Tuesday night.

Bill Due, who worked at Eggleston Maynard Sports, died at a very early age Tuesday.

For those of us who worked with Eggleston, we know how much he did for all of us and how much fun it was to work with him. He will greatly missed by all of us in No.Ky.

Billy was 42.

Please keep his family in your prayers

Did not know him as well as many who have and will post in this thread but Bill was one of the reasons people my age continued to shop at EM for a great many years instead of many of the mega sporting goods stores. You always feel like the employees at EM were very happy to see you and truly wanted to help you and keep you coming back. Bill was a large part of making you feel that way and new how to take care of his customers. He will be greatly missed thoughout NKY. My sympathy to his family and to the EM family as well. This is very sad news..

I am shocked and deeply saddened by this terrible loss. Billy was indeed EM to me and to many, many more who did business there. My deepest sympathies to Bill's family and to his extended family at EM. He will be missed dearly.

I've been doing business with Bill and EM for the last 10 years or so. He would always go that extra mile for a customer. I would go in for a pair of socks and would walk out 30 minutes later because of shooting the bull with him. He was a great guy. And although we were just business associates, I will miss him greatly and never forget him. My condolenses to his family and to all at Egelston-Maynard.

Billy and I grew up 10 houses from each other as kids and were childhood pals from the time he was 2 and I was 4. Barely a day would go by where we weren't making after school plans of Basketball, Baseball and Football or any of the numerous games that we made up. We played on the same grade school championship team together down at the old St. Aloysius. Billy was a great friend who was loved by everyone and had a great sense of humor. My family and I have only great memories of him and my deceased Mother would get a kick out of Billy when he would sit in our kitchen and tease her by hiding things from her when she turned around. He was always making her giggle. I can't help but think how saddened she would be by his early departure. This is a complete shock to my roots and I don't know that I'll be able to understand or believe that it's true anytime soon. I bumped into Billy recently and he was excited about the idea of getting together soon with the old gang. Little did I know that it would be the last time I'd see him. I will always have only great memories of you Billy and if there's anything I can learn from this is to not take anyone for granted and that life is too short to put off getting together another day. You will be missed in so many ways that run very deep. My prayers go out to his wonderful family and hope that they soon can find the strength to understand and come to peace with such a hard thing to accept. God Bless you, Billy and to the Due family, and to all of your friends who greatly love you and cannot believe that this is real. You were a great friend and will be sorely missed.