Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

frankdavis

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by frankdavis

  1. I like Walt Terrel. Very personable, knowledgeable, and respectful. Player growth and development are first and foremost with him and his staff (such a strange thing to see today). Krumps is my second with Bob in a very tight third.
  2. It's too bad but malicious contact (if that's what blue ruled) is an ejection, always. And you're right, the fans probably would be ambarassed by their behavior.
  3. I have seen too many times when it's beneath the umpire to make a call when everyone knows the result anyway. Everyone except the players who are going on instincts while playing the game. Had the ump made a loud call and a brief signal there would be no discussion here. Considering it was a three man crew for this game, he doesn't have the responsibility anyway of hurrying to make a call at first on the dp as there should be an ump "staying home" at first to make the call. Did the plate ump know the kid was out?
  4. The Snyder kid is a very good pitcher. He throws hard and does a good job with his location. But without him behind the plate the game could get out of control early. I've seen Hyde catch a couple of weeks ago, and although he did a good job (only a few passed balls) he's going to have to have the game of his life tonight. CCH will definitely steal second on him at will. I say Snyder holds CCH to 9 runs while B'wood loses by 7.
  5. I'd love to see a rematch in the final. I think the Colonels would like another shot at Conner and the Breds.
  6. Read the rule book. The batter, by his actions, cannot cause a balk. This is a text book example of a do-over...yes, a do-over. It is nothing. If deemed an intentional action to try and get the pitcher to stop his motion to the plate, it can be an ejectible offense. I'll get the rule number when I get a second to look it up.
  7. WOW is right! This kid has it all! As a Junior next year, this kid will be overpowering. Catcher (who btw isn't a bad Soph himself) had better bring his A-game with Jake on the mound.
  8. Great varsity pitcher. I'd say he's top ten in the region now. Imagine two years from now. Throw in his battery mate Chris Kelly and you have two nice sophomores.
  9. Ludlow is riding high after a win vs Dixie yesterday. No Hammonds on the mound today, but they should still be in high gear.
  10. So when are you planning to invite an umpire to sit behind you, at your job, so he can openly air, to everyone in your office, just how pathetic a job "he thinks" you're doing? You would probably be a little bit upset concerning the rudeness of it all now wouldn't you. HT, you are the problem, not the solution! Do you know how frustrating it is to have your son on the mound not getting close strikes while a spectator, on your team, constantly harasses the ump over balls and strikes? Do you think the ump will say "Gee, I think I'll make that guy happy and call some marginal strikes"? NO, he's human, he's probably going to cop a bit of an attitude, dooming the pitcher, in this case... MY son.
  11. Very well put! But you missed one thing... the varsity umpires, if I'm accurate, make around $50 to call a game, argue with coaches, put up with often inappropriate comments from teenagers and not forgetting about fans who always see the strikezone better from their seats than the umpire who is right behind the catcher or can make calls more acurately when they're 150ft. away than a base umpire who happens to be in perfect position to make the call. I've umpired as a teenager in knothole and have coached on the HS level, it's hard work... yes, work. My hat is off to the boys in blue who put up with the ever increasing whinings of the "fans". CHEER FOR YOUR TEAM AND LET THE UMPS DO THEIR JOB!
  12. Sour grapes indeed. The ump didn't account for all of the errors or runs. Congrats Indians on all of your hard work to go so far!
  13. You had a really bad view.
  14. Very limited... He has speed and a good arm, but at the varsity level pushing the ball towards the right side can be very detremental. He needs to speed up his bat. As a junior I see a lot of PT for him.
  15. Rizzo and Liggett both played in a fall program this offseason. Rizzo pitched a bit, as did Liggett. Maybe Jeremy has something up his sleeve. Both threw descent from what I saw.
  16. Guys like Finn, Krumps, Walt, Tanney, Myerhoff, and Grady. These are the faces that come to mind when I think about NKY baseball. If you want a younger (I didn't say prettier) face, how about that varsity coach out at Conner:lol:?
  17. I'm not slamming SG, I know the situation. I just want to know if he's coached summer ball, or coached anywhere other than SG. Maybe he could have his assistant from SG join him at Boone?
  18. Does anyone think dear ol' dad will come and give Jeremy a hand with the birds? I could see him making the switch.
  19. Can anyone give some insight into Wayne Huff? I know he coached at SG, but does he have any other experience? SG is hardly a measuring stick for baseball coaches, and for BC to take a chance on him is surprising to me. What exactly is on his resume'? Summer ball? I've met Wayne before and think he's a nice guy, I hope he does well with a talented program.
  20. Quiet kid. He looks menacing on the mound. From sixty feet away, on top of the hill he looks every bit of 8 feet tall. Randy Johnson comes to mind. He would have been a regular on BGP last year if it weren't for a kid named Cody.
  21. They were last year too.
  22. I agree griz, but you and I both know, he's got a lot of things to work on. I really like the kid.
  23. I've seen this kid play and I'm not impressed as far as "top ten" goes. Sure, he's good, but I haven't seen where he STANDS OUT in the crowd. Granted, baseball is one of those "who you know" type sports and yes, that should lead to some offers, maybe even Loyola. He's young and I would like to see him make his way in the region. As far as top ten goes, I think he has to prove it. He sure has a nice cast to work with though.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.