Dwayne Wade to the Bulls?

Trading Wade for JUST the #1 pick is a bad idea. But getting a Ben Gordon or Luol Deng with the #1 pick would be a good trade IMO. It sounds like the Heat are just looking to blow everything up and start over.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you say become a contender in the East...do you mean make the playoffs or actually have a shot at winning it? Cause I don't see contending with Cleveland or Boston really no matter what they do with Wade, Marion, or their pick.

With a healthy D-Wade and Rose or Beasley, the Heat immediately have the foundation to contend in the east...all they'd need is to be smart and add the right pieces around them and they'd be right there with best teams in the east.

You mention Cleveland, yet Lebron James is the only player in the eastern conference who is better than a healthy Dwayne Wade. And, Wade is a more proven clutch player. He has delivered in the biggest moments. Also, the Cavs don't have anyone as good as Rose or Beasley...

If Wade comes back at 100% and the Heat add one of those two as expected, they'll be right there with the Cavs almost immediately.

With a healthy D-Wade and Rose or Beasley, the Heat immediately have the foundation to contend in the east...all they'd need is to be smart and add the right pieces around them and they'd be right there with best teams in the east.

You mention Cleveland, yet Lebron James is the only player in the eastern conference who is better than a healthy Dwayne Wade. And, Wade is a more proven clutch player. He has delivered in the biggest moments. Also, the Cavs don't have anyone as good as Rose or Beasley...

If Wade comes back at 100% and the Heat add one of those two as expected, they'll be right there with the Cavs almost immediately.

I doubt he ever regains the form that made him great. I hope so. Two years ago I was arguing that he was better than James. Now I just hope he gets healthy enough to be an all star for the next 5 years.

You mention Cleveland, yet Lebron James is the only player in the eastern conference who is better than a healthy Dwayne Wade.

I wouldn't consider Lebron James being the only player in the East better than Wade. I would definitely choose Kevin Garnett over him. I just think everyone is putting to much faith into both Beasley and Rose. They will be good NBA players but I think it will take them a couple years to develop into that. It won't automatically turn the Heat into a strong contender IMO.

I doubt he ever regains the form that made him great. I hope so. Two years ago I was arguing that he was better than James. Now I just hope he gets healthy enough to be an all star for the next 5 years.

Apparently there are others who question him coming back healthy. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he will.

His stats this year were pretty solid for a guy who wasn't 100%...

51 games

25 ppg, 4 reb, 7 assists, 2 steals

47% FG and 76% FT

When healthy, Wade is at worst the second best player in the eastern conference behind James and a top 5 player in the NBA, IMO. Add to that an offensive threat like Beasley or a dynamic PG like Rose and you've got a top 4 or 5 team in the east at worst.

Detroit, Cleveland, Boston definitely removes the weak east tag.

Cleveland is so overrated its humorous to me. Going to the finals was a fluke. Detroit gets worn down as the season gets longer because of their style of play. Thats the only reason Cleveland made it to the finals last year. The only reason they took the Celtics to 7 games was because BOS was on cruise control until the conf. finals.

Apparently there are others who question him coming back healthy. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he will.

His stats this year were pretty solid for a guy who wasn't 100%...

51 games

25 ppg, 4 reb, 7 assists, 2 steals

47% FG and 76% FT

When healthy, Wade is at worst the second best player in the eastern conference behind James and a top 5 player in the NBA, IMO. Add to that an offensive threat like Beasley or a dynamic PG like Rose and you've got a top 4 or 5 team in the east at worst.

I agree, he was unreal. I think he could end up w/ James where he doesn't have to go to the hole like an animal the rest of his career and it will help him in the long run.

If it is D-Wade and the 2nd pick for just the 1st pick, that would be a STEAL! I heard on ESPN that it would be a couple of players and the 1st pick for D-Wade and the 2nd pick. Either way I say do it if I were the Bulls. You still get a phenominal player in Beasley, and get a player like D-Wade, do it man!

I wouldn't consider Lebron James being the only player in the East better than Wade. I would definitely choose Kevin Garnett over him. I just think everyone is putting to much faith into both Beasley and Rose. They will be good NBA players but I think it will take them a couple years to develop into that. It won't automatically turn the Heat into a strong contender IMO.

Maybe, but who would have said that DWade would be the first with a ring when his draft class came out? I don't think Wade was as highly touted as Rose and Beasley are when he came out.

If it is D-Wade and the 2nd pick for just the 1st pick, that would be a STEAL! I heard on ESPN that it would be a couple of players and the 1st pick for D-Wade and the 2nd pick. Either way I say do it if I were the Bulls. You still get a phenominal player in Beasley, and get a player like D-Wade, do it man!

Why would you trade the 2nd pick for the first. Neither Rose or Beasley stand out over the other and being the 2nd pick makes it easy for you...

Why would you trade the 2nd pick for the first. Neither Rose or Beasley stand out over the other and being the 2nd pick makes it easy for you...

I meant a steal for the Bulls. Rose and Beastly are evenly "takeable".

Maybe, but who would have said that DWade would be the first with a ring when his draft class came out? I don't think Wade was as highly touted as Rose and Beasley are when he came out.

I can't say that I knew Wade would get a ring first, but I liked him much more than the other two because he wasn't getting a lot of hype and I knew he had close to the amount of talent. Wade would be getting more love than Rose and Beasley if he didn't have Melo and James with him. They didn't talk Wade much at all because you had the best high school player in the nation and the nation champ.

Put Wade in this draft class, you better believe he would be getting a lot more love than he did when he came out.

I'm putting this here just because he was mentioned earlier...

Arenas opts out of final year of deal to test free agency

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3434632

The move had been long expected. Arenas has repeatedly said he would forgo the final year of his six-year, $65 million deal so that he could re-sign with the team for an even larger amount.

Arenas can begin negotiating with any team on July 1. While he has expressed a desire to remain with the Wizards, he has also said he won't return unless the team also re-signs Antawn Jamison, who is also set to become a free agent.