Just think how good the Reds could be.

I'm not a Red's fan, but I agree.... that was one of the dumbest moves ever.

Gary Majewski

Bill Bray

Royce Clayton

Who else was in that trade???

Let's not kid ourselves. That trade was a wash, if anything, despite all the people who had delusions of grandeur that Kentucky boy Austin Kearns was a star. I don't miss either one of them, and there's still a chance Bray can pan out. Not so sure about Majewski, though.

Let's not kid ourselves. That trade was a wash, if anything, despite all the people who had delusions of grandeur that Kentucky boy Austin Kearns was a star. I don't miss either one of them, and there's still a chance Bray can pan out. Not so sure about Majewski, though.

Kearns had the tools, he just let himself go. Too much pizza and suds.

Gary Majewski

Bill Bray

Royce Clayton

Are you serious? Did you even look at the stats? The Reds also got Darryl Thompson in the trade, and he is currently at Louisville, and is considered one of the Reds top prospects.

Kearns is more fragile than Chipper Jones, and a bad risk. He was never going to get it together and be what Reds fans from Ky. had hoped.

I really dislike Chipper but I'm not getting the fragile thing where he's concerned. He's topped 500 at bats in 10 of his 13 full seasons and played in more than 130 games in 12 out of 14. Kearns on the other hand has only reached those numbers in 2 out of 6. No comparison on durability between those two.

Gary Majewski

Bill Bray

Royce Clayton

We definitely got the better end of this trade. The main guys were pretty much a wash and Thompson has a chance to be great. Either way we made room by getting those scrubs off our roster.

Are you serious? Did you even look at the stats? The Reds also got Darryl Thompson in the trade, and he is currently at Louisville, and is considered one of the Reds top prospects.

I've heard promising things about Thompson, I say it's currently a wash but I think Cincy will end up getting the better end of the deal.