Cov Cath 7 Beechwood 6

We will agree to disagree but my seat was much better than yours. Your'e right, Maile did walk 4 times, 2 intentional but those were no brainer's as he came up twice in crucial times w/first base open. I didn't stay around for the all tourney team, after my two cents for the BHS gang I left. So who did make it from CCH? The #3 batter had a good day at the plate.

Not sure who had the better seat to see the play, but you can't be much closer to home plate than I was, even if you were on the field of play. :D:lol:

From CovCath Niehaus, Darner and Isler I believe.

I know Elliott made it from Beechwood and Coventry (sp) from Holmes but didn't hear who else made it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UNC-5 sorry but from my seat from behind the plate, the "B" kid didn't reach the plate and Maile walked four times today two without a pitch thrown to him. 1st inning on a 3-2 count, 3rd inning on a 3-2 count, and in the 4th and 6th was intentionally just told to walk on over to first base without at pitch thrown to him.

In this 35th District Tournament Maile went 3 for 3 with two doubles, he scored 5 runs, had 3 RBI's, stole 2 bases, was walked 5 times 2 of them being intentional and yet he doesn't make the all tournament team! Go figurer?

I will agree with you that the CovCath runner should have been out and I really think the man in blue would have called him out, if not for the ball dribbling out from behind the catcher a couple of feet.

UNC-5, see you at Champion Window and I too think it will be Beechwood and CovCath in the finals.

Maybe he shouldn't have "bobbled/dropped" the ball? (lol). Besides, all-tourney teams are for mere human HS players. Any truth to the rumor that he's skipping his SR year and going directly to the Yankees? (lol). Congrats to both the Colonels and the Tigers...hope my Birds can crash your party!

I know the middle infield was a problem all year for both the Colonels and Tigers, I saw the Slusher started over Larimore after Larimore had 2 errors yesterday. Did the middle infield play well yesterday?

It always amazes me to hear that two people who were watching the same play come up with two different results. How is it that if they had both "definitely" got the call right, and "definitely" saw everything, there can be two different outcomes? I say let's have fun watching the game and let the men in blue do their jobs. Afterall, they are closest to the play. I've never seen a call changed just because someone doesn't like it.

It always amazes me to hear that two people who were watching the same play come up with two different results. How is it that if they had both "definitely" got the call right, and "definitely" saw everything, there can be two different outcomes? I say let's have fun watching the game and let the men in blue do their jobs. Afterall, they are closest to the play. I've never seen a call changed just because someone doesn't like it.

When the "men in blue" have trouble keeping the count, then I don't feel so good about that. I understand your point about two people at the same game with two different stories, but save the "let the men in blue do their job".

It's really easy to understand, UNC-5 (btw we are good friends) and I had different angles of the play but we both agree on the problem with the man in blue behind the plate yesterday, and if you read my first post (#3) you would have read that I wouldn't comment about his balls and strike calling and even with the play at the plate, what we all had problems with, was the screwing up the balls and strike count and giving the wrong amount of out to the players. Just not fair to the players for a home plate umpire to make those kind of a mistake in a close and important game.

UNC-5 (btw we are good friends)

:scared:Yikes!!! That's rather scary.. Sounds like the Colonels just had their ankles taped a bit better then the Tigers..Good luck to both teams in the Regional but before you start anticipating a CCH/Beechie rematch in the Championship you might not want to overlook the Rebels of Boone Cty. They appear to be playing pretty well at the right time.

:scared:Yikes!!! That's rather scary.. Sounds like the Colonels just had their ankles taped a bit better then the Tigers..Good luck to both teams in the Regional but before you start anticipating a CCH/Beechie rematch in the Championship you might not want to overlook the Rebels of Boone Cty. They appear to be playing pretty well at the right time.

Easy HJ:D, we have been at peace for a few weeks. Yes, believe it or not, I do have a friend or two still in the NKY area.

Fairfan, as TOG sd, we are friends and just jawing back and forth. As for who was right, I guess I was since the MAN in blue called him SAFE:banana:

HJ you just might want to read a different post of mine, that I gave my opinion on the teams still in the hunt...

In Theoldguy honest opinion;

#1 CovCath outstanding pitching and hitting, but they are going to have to start fielding the ball cleanly, to win the Ninth.. BTW CovCath is a combined 11-0 against the rest of the Ninth Region teams still in the Tourney.

#2 Beechwood very good hitting team and they do have a stud pitcher but is their pitching deep enough to win the Ninth..

#3 Boone County outstanding hitting team, fielding is questionable, as is their pitching, but they can outscore you, while still giving up a number of runs to you... If their pitching is on this upcoming week........then...

In Theoldguy honest opinion;

#1 CovCath outstanding pitching and hitting, but they are going to have to start fielding the ball cleanly, to win the Ninth.. BTW CovCath is a combined 11-0 against the rest of the Ninth Region teams still in the Tourney.

Cov Cath is clearly odds on favorite to win this, but their fielding . . . ugh. These constant infielding issues are going to jump up and bite them. One has to wonder - why is it, given the substantial problems they've had in the infield, that no change is ever tried?

Cov Cath is clearly odds on favorite to win this, but their fielding . . . ugh. These constant infielding issues are going to jump up and bite them. One has to wonder - why is it, given the substantial problems they've had in the infield, that no change is ever tried?

Welcome to the politics of playing High School sports at an all boys school of 1400. I can assure you that there are kids walking around that school who can play as good as alot of the Cov Cath players. Im not saying Luke Maile but alot of the players. When you have the numbers they have its hard not to win. It also comes from teams like the KY Kids 2 years ago and beyond. I find it amazing that the same kids who were making errors years ago still are and everyone acts shocked.:sssh:

Not shocked about the errors, just that a coach like Krump would allow it to happen to the degree it has this year and (from what I've been told) never even considered a change of guard at the "problem spot".

Coach Krumps grew up down the street from me in the late 60,s and early 70,s and is from the same type of system at Elder. Some alumni ruin it for everyone and the kids. If you think about it Cov. Cath should be as good as they are year in and year out. If you pull some of the alumni dollars away from the program the kids are evaluated on their talent it would be scary.