Cov Cath 7 Beechwood 6

Welcome to the politics of playing High School sports at an all boys school of 1400. I can assure you that there are kids walking around that school who can play as good as alot of the Cov Cath players. Im not saying Luke Maile but alot of the players. When you have the numbers they have its hard not to win. It also comes from teams like the KY Kids 2 years ago and beyond. I find it amazing that the same kids who were making errors years ago still are and everyone acts shocked.:sssh:

WOW camel1505, your total lack of knowledge of the CovCath student enrollment is embrassing and shows you lack of understanding of what CovCath really is. Never and I mean never, in the long history of CovCath has CovCath ever had anywhere near 1400 students. I think when I attended CovCath way back when, we might have had the largest enrollment and that was around 820 or so... 1400? Well maybe if you added the NDA girls enrollment to the CovCath boy's, you might be closer to 1100 but you would still be coming up short.

From the web page of the Diocese of Covington.

Covington Catholic High School, Covington

1600 Dixie Highway

Covington, Kentucky 41011-2797

(859) 431-5351

Email: mclines@covcath.org

Grade Range: 9-12 (Boys)

Enrollment: 510

Faculty: 35 Lay Teachers

Tuition 2007-2008: $5,590

Principal: Mr. Michael Clines

Primary Service Area: Kenton County Parishes of Blessed Sacrament, Mother of God, St. Agnes, St. Ann, Sts. Boniface and James, St. John, St. Joseph and St. Pius X.

BTW funny how everyone is thinking that all the errors in the Beechwood game were against the same kids! Assuming gentlemen gets you in a ton of hot water. Three of the four errors were against two young men who really haven't made all that many errors, this season....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the 4th error? ;)

Come on, you know there's been a real fielding issue at CCH all year long. There's just no denying it. And you can't help but wonder why no one else is ever tried at the spot. No way Coach Roesel lets one of his players have this serious of an issue and not try an alternative. At least try.

And the 4th error? ;)

Come on, you know there's been a real fielding issue at CCH all year long. There's just no denying it. And you can't help but wonder why no one else is ever tried at the spot. No way Coach Roesel lets one of his players have this serious of an issue and not try an alternative. At least try.

Coop, I will say there was, but after watching the Ryle game a week ago today, well......you saw what happened when the starting SS was gone.

The fourth error indeed was against the SS, but the Left Fielder (IMO) was the person who I think misplayed the ball. The SS was running trying to catch the ball with his back to the infield and had it for a second then dropped it. If I give the "B" batter a hit, then I am a homer, but by giving the SS the error, he gets the grief. IMO the LF should have made the catch, and if you attended the game, you would have noticed that when Isler came in to pitch the LF was taken out of the game.

BTW Matt made a very nice catch of the last out in the game. It was a hard hit ball that was tailing away from him in RF that if he had misplayed it, Beechwood just might have won the game. Nice play indeed by the young man....

WOW camel1505, your total lack of knowledge of the CovCath student enrollment is embrassing and shows you lack of understanding of what CovCath really is. Never and I mean never, in the long history of CovCath has CovCath ever had anywhere near 1400 students. I think when I attended CovCath way back when, we might have had the largest enrollment and that was around 820 or so... 1400? Well maybe if you added the NDA girls enrollment to the CovCath boy's, you might be closer to 1100 but you would still be coming up short.

From the web page of the Diocese of Covington.

Covington Catholic High School, Covington

1600 Dixie Highway

Covington, Kentucky 41011-2797

(859) 431-5351

Email: mclines@covcath.org

Grade Range: 9-12 (Boys)

Enrollment: 510

Faculty: 35 Lay Teachers

Tuition 2007-2008: $5,590

Principal: Mr. Michael Clines

Primary Service Area: Kenton County Parishes of Blessed Sacrament, Mother of God, St. Agnes, St. Ann, Sts. Boniface and James, St. John, St. Joseph and St. Pius X.

BTW funny how everyone is thinking that all the errors in the Beechwood game were against the same kids! Assuming gentlemen gets you in a ton of hot water. Three of the four errors were against two young men who really haven't made all that many errors, this season....

Cmon TOG

You know what the problem is. There is definitely an alumni issue that is in the way. I was not aware the enrollment was that low but I guess this is the reason that they never went back to the GCL. Sorry about the enrollment and I am not too big to say that. It would be nice to see Cov Cath, New Cath, Purcell Marian and Roger Bacon in a different GCL.

Cmon TOG

You know what the problem is. There is definitely an alumni issue that is in the way. I was not aware the enrollment was that low but I guess this is the reason that they never went back to the GCL. Sorry about the enrollment and I am not too big to say that. It would be nice to see Cov Cath, New Cath, Purcell Marian and Roger Bacon in a different GCL.

Say what you want about the alumni problem but I trust Krumps, and his 30 some odd years of Coaching at CovCath and BTW what more do you want of CovCath? I think CovCath has been in the ninth region tourney in something like 10 of the last 11 years and during that time won a state title. Yes I get upset at Coach Krumps at times, but he does understand the game, and there is no doubt at all in my mind, who is in charge of the baseball program at CovCath and it isn't any former grad......trust me on that....

Say what you want about the alumni problem but I trust Krumps, and his 30 some odd years of Coaching at CovCath and BTW what more do you want of CovCath? I think CovCath has been in the ninth region tourney in something like 10 of the last 11 years and during that time won a state title. Yes I get upset at Coach Krumps at times, but he does understand the game, and there is no doubt at all in my mind, who is in charge of the baseball program at CovCath and it isn't any former grad......trust me on that....

Your right TOG, I really do admire your support of their program. Billy Krumpelbeck is a good coach and his former players support that. I hope the best for them and any other team in NKY at this time of the year. I am so tired of the Middle and Southern part of the state and the recognition that they get year in and year out. I know they deserve alot of this because of the past results but there are at least 6 or 7 teams from NKY that belong in the top 25. Good luck to all NKY teams. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Welcome to the politics of playing High School sports at an all boys school of 1400. I can assure you that there are kids walking around that school who can play as good as alot of the Cov Cath players. Im not saying Luke Maile but alot of the players. When you have the numbers they have its hard not to win. It also comes from teams like the KY Kids 2 years ago and beyond. I find it amazing that the same kids who were making errors years ago still are and everyone acts shocked.:sssh:

Names that come to mind are Bondick and Grimes who played freshman year.

Names that come to mind are Bondick and Grimes who played freshman year.

I think, that neither Bondo or Michael wanted to spend the time away from summer basketball, pretty much like what I have been told by many about how Shover didn't want to spend the time away from Basketball this summer. Kids sometimes choose one sport over the other and from what I understand all three love basketball, and think baseball is just ok (of course I could be wrong, but that is the way I understand it). As a baseball nut I totally don't understand it, but I accept it!

Coop, I will say there was, but after watching the Ryle game a week ago today, well......you saw what happened when the starting SS was gone.

The fourth error indeed was against the SS, but the Left Fielder (IMO) was the person who I think misplayed the ball. The SS was running trying to catch the ball with his back to the infield and had it for a second then dropped it. If I give the "B" batter a hit, then I am a homer, but by giving the SS the error, he gets the grief. IMO the LF should have made the catch, and if you attended the game, you would have noticed that when Isler came in to pitch the LF was taken out of the game.

BTW Matt made a very nice catch of the last out in the game. It was a hard hit ball that was tailing away from him in RF that if he had misplayed it, Beechwood just might have won the game. Nice play indeed by the young man....

TOG, are you saying you gave both balls that dropped in left field an error? How do you give anyone an error on either ball? Neither ball was touched let alone dropped so how are they errors?

I think, that neither Bondo or Michael wanted to spend the time away from summer basketball, pretty much like what I have been told by many about how Shover didn't want to spend the time away from Basketball this summer. Kids sometimes choose one sport over the other and from what I understand all three love basketball, and think baseball is just ok (of course I could be wrong, but that is the way I understand it). As a baseball nut I totally don't understand it, but I accept it!

This is not accurate. Sorry, TOG, but I am very close to this situation (as you well know) and this simply is not the case with Shover at all. No sense in going into it in this thread, or even this forum, but let's just say that Mitch very much wanted to play baseball for CCH this year and his not playing had nothing - not a thing - to do with basketball.

This is not accurate. Sorry, TOG, but I am very close to this situation (as you well know) and this simply is not the case with Shover at all. No sense in going into it in this thread, or even this forum, but let's just say that Mitch very much wanted to play baseball for CCH this year and his not playing had nothing - not a thing - to do with basketball.

Coop, I will take your word on it as I know you to be a straight shooter, but from what I have been told by a few non baseball people, well....different story....

TOG, are you saying you gave both balls that dropped in left field an error? How do you give anyone an error on either ball? Neither ball was touched let alone dropped so how are they errors?

Not at all, the first was clearly a base hit, as it wasn't touched at all. The play that I am talking about was in the 7th inning against your #19. It looked to me and those around me that the CovCath SS had the ball and dropped it. As I stated, I thought the LFer should have had the ball, but he got a bad jump on it. Usually when I not sure or when I have a doubt about a call, I ask a couple around me (who I trust) and to a person, (and that includes a "B" fan) all called it an error.

I know you were sitting closer to that play and had a better angle to see it, as the SS had his back to me, so if you tell me that he didn't touch the ball, so be it, but everybody sitting with me/near me, thought he had in fact caught the ball for the second out of the inning...

WOW ! You give a kid an error on that play .That is the toughest scoring I have ever seen .The kid busted his rear to get close to hit .Looking back over his shoulder is hard enough .Just ask Willie Mays ,The Catch .That play is an absolute HIT ,regardless of if he touched it .Should the LF of caught ,probably ,and the earlier one but that does not make it an error .That is like saying a different LF would of caught it easy so we will give this other LF an error .JMO!

WOW ! You give a kid an error on that play .That is the toughest scoring I have ever seen .The kid busted his rear to get close to hit .Looking back over his shoulder is hard enough .Just ask Willie Mays ,The Catch .That play is an absolute HIT ,regardless of if he touched it .Should the LF of caught ,probably ,and the earlier one but that does not make it an error .That is like saying a different LF would of caught it easy so we will give this other LF an error .JMO!

So now when you read my post, maybe you will believe that I don't always give the CovCath players the benefit of the doubt. As I stated, I though from my angle he caught the ball, then dropped it. If UNC-5 tells me he didn't touch it, (he had I know, a much better angle to see the play) then I will agree with him, and that makes it a base hit and not a error.

So now all the talk of the "problem fielder" for CovCath can be put to rest, he didn't commit an error in the Beechwood game! Personally the young man has been playing some very good baseball as of late and IMO cares more about playing the game and helping out his team, than anyone on this CovCath team. The kid loves playing the game of baseball, and he works his butt off to make himself a better player daily, and just not during the baseball season. Prior to a CovCath Saturday afternoon football game (September 1st against NCC), I saw him totally soaked with sweat from working out, when he saw me, he yelled out HI, and I inquired what in the heck was he doing? He looked puzzled and replied, getting ready for the start of the baseball season.... That comment stuck in my head, and it showed me his commitment to the game and his team.