I'm Quitting

MBWC41

Smoking that is.

I spend way too much money on smokes and it's just not healthy.

I was close to quitting a year or so ago, I was down to one smoke a day. Then my grandpa died and I kind of lost it and gave up.

I'm not gonna lie, I like to party so that makes it a little tougher.

Any advice or tips for breaking this nasty habit of mine ?

Anyone ever tried any type of prescription medication to help ? Patches or Gum?

Great idea.

My grandma who smoked for 40 years just quit one day.

I am no smoker, but think of it from a psychological standpoint. DO you want smoking to really have the ability to control you?

Smoking that is.

I was close to quitting a year or so ago, I was down to one smoke a day. Then my grandpa died and I kind of lost it and gave up.

I'm not gonna lie, I like to party so that makes it a little tougher.

Any advice or tips for breaking this nasty habit of mine ?

Anyone ever tried any type of prescription medication to help ? Patches or Gum?

I quit cold turkey four years ago. Toothpicks helped me with the oral fixation; especially on day four, which was awful. Haven't really wanted for one since.

MBW, are you just quitting so you can fuel your Tahoe? :lol:

:lol:

Nah

I'm using the extra 30 - 40 bucks a week I'll save by not smoking and buying a hummer or and F-350 !:laugh:

Congratulations!!! I have been trying to get a few friends to quit as well. I offered to match the money they were spending on cigs for 3 months as a motivation. They have yet to take me up on my offer.

Smoking that is.

That's great news -- you and RebelK quitting for good in the same week! Of course she took the slightly more extreme route of getting a quituple bypass first. Hopefully, some of our other BGPers will get the hint and follow your lead...before they have to follow RebelK's. :thumb:

Good for you MBW, I have been smoke free for a little over one year now and I know how tough it is to quit. I used the nicotine patches myself along with a whole lot of "tootsie pops" and prayer :lol:. Stay with it and good luck, you can do it!:thumb:

The patches worked very well for me. Make sure that you go through the entire step down system with the patches though. There are 3 "stages" or strengths of them depending on how much that you smoke and each one is a little less nicotine.

You will price them and think that the cost of the entire step down system is outragous but it isn't compared to what you would spend on the cigg's.

I know a guy who quit smoking by widdling a stick down to the shape & size of a cigarette & he painted a red tip at the end of it. He said yeah it was physically tough to quit but he said a big part of it was just having the habit of having the actual cig in his mouth.

Congratulations!!! I have been trying to get a few friends to quit as well. I offered to match the money they were spending on cigs for 3 months as a motivation. They have yet to take me up on my offer.

I didn't get that offer....maybe I'm not considered "a friend":irked::lol:

That's great news -- you and RebelK quitting for good in the same week! Of course she took the slightly more extreme route of getting a quituple bypass first. Hopefully, some of our other BGPers will get the hint and follow your lead...before they have to follow RebelK's. :thumb:

I couldn't have said this any better. Please don't ever let a nasty habit bring you to the point that I was Saturday before last. It isn't a pleasant surgery and recovery...just to be honest...sucks!!!

I have not wanted the first smoke. I decided, in just a second, that nothing was more important than my marriage and growing old with my husband.

I will not be one of those people who fuss at others for smoking but I will do all I can to try to get them to understand the difference between living and dieing. HINT: living is much better:thumb: