KHSAA posts 09-10 schedule info

The KHSAA posted information regarding 09-10 football schedules. You must look at HOT NEWS under football heading.

Four team districts will play their district games on 3 consecutive weeks in October and the state finals will be moved to the first week of December. No venue has been selected. The season will also be played in 10 weeks (no open dates) with one exception. If a team is playing the second to last week of August, they lose one scrimmage! Game 10, the last week of October cannot be a district game.

This may mean Papa John's will not be able to host due to conflict with Big East and Bowling Green may get the finals.

The season will also be played in 10 weeks (no open dates)

Thank God. I wanted cross district match up in the first two rounds, and I wanted the buy week done away with. It's like Christmas for me.

Now, if they would go back to only the top two teams from each district making the playoffs, I would have the trifecta.

I'm trying to look for stuff in this that I DON'T hate.

I really hate the lack of open dates, and the three consecutive district games in October. Our big rivalry game with Bowling Green used to be the first week in September, and now it will be no earlier than Week 7. Bleh.

I'm trying to look for stuff in this that I DON'T hate.

I really hate the lack of open dates, and the three consecutive district games in October. Our big rivalry game with Bowling Green used to be the first week in September, and now it will be no earlier than Week 7. Bleh.

I was very surprised that the district games would be played in this manner. I was told that Trinity and St. Xavier will continue to play the first weekend in October which means they go straight into district play the following weekends! No dicussion of where the finals would be played was part of this process. First weekend in December is great. How about Highlands or Beechwood needing to travel down to Western Kentucky University.

What other fields in Kentucky have field turf or synthetic surface that can handle 6 final games? I wonder if the northern kentucky schools would lobby for the finals being played at Nippert?

Here is a link to the scheduling grid.

My question is that weeks 1, 2 and 3 are labeled as "No Restrictions", but not addressed in the notice. Suppose in a 4 team district that teams B & C cannot work out a week 8 meeting for whatever reason. Do they:

A) Start with week 6, then 5, then 4 in that order until they find a suitable date? or

B) Could they elect to play in one of the "No Restriction weeks instead?

I was very surprised that the district games would be played in this manner. I was told that Trinity and St. Xavier will continue to play the first weekend in October which means they go straight into district play the following weekends! No dicussion of where the finals would be played was part of this process. First weekend in December is great. How about Highlands or Beechwood needing to travel down to Western Kentucky University.

What other fields in Kentucky have field turf or synthetic surface that can handle 6 final games? I wonder if the northern kentucky schools would lobby for the finals being played at Nippert?

How about Mayfield or Paducah Tilghman having to travel to Louisville? Someone is going to have to travel no matter who hosts it.

Here is a link to the scheduling grid.

My question is that weeks 1, 2 and 3 are labeled as "No Restrictions", but not addressed in the notice. Suppose in a 4 team district that teams B & C cannot work out a week 8 meeting for whatever reason. Do they:

A) Start with week 6, then 5, then 4 in that order until they find a suitable date? or

B) Could they elect to play in one of the "No Restriction weeks instead?

There cannot be a good reason for the district schools not to play. It was explained to me that this was done with the overwelming support of coaches statewide. These changes are to make scheduling easier. All contracts are up at the end of this season and new contracts should reflect these updates.

What is the travel time for these schools to Louisville?

According to MapQuest, Mayfield's drive is 3 hours and 18 minutes.

According to MapQuest, Highlands drive is 3 hours and 17 minutes to WKU.

According to MapQuest, Mayfield's drive is 3 hours and 18 minutes.

According to MapQuest, Highlands drive is 3 hours and 17 minutes to WKU.

THE HORROR!!!! :scared:

All seriousness, that is a good haul. Lots of teams have to travel though. It just so happens that the majority of this site's members happen to reside in an area that would be traveling much further than usual.