KHSAA posts 09-10 schedule info

There cannot be a good reason for the district schools not to play.

What are you saying? That no reason will be accepted for an alternate date?

If so, then I think that is too heavy handed by the KHSAA. If two schools need to move a game by mutual agreement, then it should be allowed, IMO.

It was explained to me that this was done with the overwelming support of coaches statewide. These changes are to make scheduling easier. All contracts are up at the end of this season and new contracts should reflect these updates.

If you are going to mandate a scheduling grid, then I like this one too as compared to last year's grid. As a general rule, I think it is better to play non district competition early to prepare you for the district games.

But my gut tells me we need to be flexible enough to let each school work out their own exceptions when needed. One size doesn't fit all.

Having not been an expert and having only seen the comments about this I would say that they made these adjustments so that everyone is playing district games at the same time so that it makes it easier to schedule the other games. In a 4 team district which most are and everyone is playing district games the same weeks then it means that for the most part everyone is looking for non district games for the same weeks making it easier to find good games and not having to schedule someone because you couldn't find anybody else open that week.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13