Should parents be fined and or jailed for kids not being at school?

ladiesbballcoach

Which would be fitting?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which would be fitting?

• Jail and fines
    • Jail
    • Fines
    • This is ridiculous and jail nor fines are appropriate

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely should be fined. And, if their child commits a crime during a time when they should be in school, I say the parents should be jailed as well.

Parents have a duty and responsibility to have their children in school. If your kid isn't in school 20 times you are neglecting your parental duties.

Absolutely should be fined. And, if their child commits a crime during a time when they should be in school, I say the parents should be jailed as well.

Parents have a duty and responsibility to have their children in school. If your kid isn't in school 20 times you are neglecting your parental duties.

:thumb:

You know what would be great. Take one of those 10 X 10 cells and let parent and child share it for a time being.:thumb:

You know what would be great. Take one of those 10 X 10 cells and let parent and child share it for a time being.:thumb:

Ultimate death match if there for more than 30 hours. :laugh:

Might be more productive to send both to school with the same homework and testing to be completed.

Definately fined. If you send the parents to jail, what happens with the kids?

Love the idea of parents and child sharing a jail cell for some time.:thumb:

I have a friend who has a daughter that is 15 years old...She refused to go to school and was getting into all kinds of trouble...The parents couldn't do anything with her.THe girl does not fear a judge and does not fear the law...She was sent to a juvenile jail in E-town but was only there about a week...I guess the system got tired of dealing with her...

With kids like this what are parents supposed to do?

I know what I would do and they would lock me up for sure...

I think that kids who refuse to go to school should be sent to military School...Punish the Kids not the parents...:thumb:

I have a friend who has a daughter that is 15 years old...She refused to go to school and was getting into all kinds of trouble...The parents couldn't do anything with her.THe girl does not fear a judge and does not fear the law...She was sent to a juvenile jail in E-town but was only there about a week...I guess the system got tired of dealing with her...

With kids like this what are parents supposed to do?

I know what I would do and they would lock me up for sure...

I think that kids who refuse to go to school should be sent to military School...Punish the Kids not the parents...:thumb:

The problem there is probably that the parents spoiled the kid early on and now don't have the nerve stand up and make the kid mind. I bet my bottom dollar althought not in school has a cell phone, texting, a car and a Channel purse, and pretty much anything else she wants. Bust her tail end and let the chips fall where they may, but where I come from the parents (if the do that and don't brain damage or cripple her) would more than likely get a medal.

You want to see results???

Get in the parents back pockets.......

Also if they are government assistantance take away their check......you would have kids in some counties with perfect attendance based on that......

So we should just starve them to death?:creepy: