Creating a Christian Candidate?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A perfect Christian candidate does not exist and would be totally unelectible.

He would be way too liberal for American taste.

"Everything is permissable, but not everything is beneficial".

1. Anti-abortion

2. Anti- death penalty

3. Anti- gay marriage, but would allow health care benefits to homosexuals (as well as gov't programs to bring the Word to them (as well as everyone else)

4. Allow religion teaching in public schools (as well as teach creationism alongside evolution- IMO they are compatible)

5. Anti-war (unless they fall under the guidelines of Just War theory as outlined by St. Augustine and the Catholic Church)

6. Anti- big government

7. Pro- free market

8. Pro- international trade

1. Anti-abortion

2. Anti- death penalty

3. Anti- gay marriage, but would allow health care benefits to homosexuals (as well as gov't programs to bring the Word to them (as well as everyone else)

4. Allow religion teaching in public schools (as well as teach creationism alongside evolution- IMO they are compatible)

5. Anti-war (unless they fall under the guidelines of Just War theory as outlined by St. Augustine and the Catholic Church)

6. Anti- big government

7. Pro- free market

Why would your theoretical candidate be opposed to gay marriage yet allow health care benefits to them?

Why would your theoretical candidate be opposed to gay marriage yet allow health care benefits to them?

There would be NO health care benefits under Jesus. If you believed in him he'd heal you. If not, c'est la vie.

This one is easy: One who follows the uncompromised Word of God. One who calls sin as the Bible calls it. Not only would they be pro-life and anti-gay marriage, but they would not uphold adultery, lying, cheating and other sins that are sometimes overlooked. They would be sensitive to the voice of the Holy Spirit, and would allow the Spirit to direct their paths, and every decision that is made.

Ultimately, they would make this world a better place.

Unfortunately, unless God opened that door, this person would not be elected byt he American people. He would have my vote, however.

Don't know. Didn't really think it through. I guess you could formulate an argument either way.

1. Anti-abortion

2. Anti- death penalty

6. Anti- big government

7. Pro- free market

Are you sure about that one. Why do we need to teach religion in the public schools when there are churches that will do it without tax dollars? Is is it because the churches won't go to the people to lead them to hear about faith matters and they can easily use the captive audience of a school room to instruct and do the churches' job?

Are you sure about that one. Why do we need to teach religion in the public schools when there are churches that will do it without tax dollars? Is is it because the churches won't go to the people to lead them to hear about faith matters and they can easily use the captive audience of a school room to instruct and do the churches' job?
Believe me, I am not sure on it- I whipped up that list really quickly.

Maybe I should have said morality or ethics instead of religion. I feel that I have benefited greatly from religious instruction.

But you are correct that it may be a misallocation of tax dollars when there are already tax-exempt organizations to do it.

1. Anti-abortion

2. Anti- death penalty

6. Anti- big government

7. Pro- free market

How in the heck is creationism and evolution compatible? There is scientific evidence to back up evolution. Creationism is a pseudoscience which takes a lot of faith to believe in. You can't teach faith in school.

How in the heck is creationism and evolution compatible? There is scientific evidence to back up evolution. Creationism is a pseudoscience which takes a lot of faith to believe in. You can't teach faith in school.

And yet as silly as it may sound to some, it is the religious belief of many. I don't think religion per se should be taught in schools because the question arises, which religion should be taught? However, I would be very content if we would stop discouraging and attacking religious beliefs in our schools. Only then will we have true religious freedom.

Personally, I don't mind the concepts taught in the sciences regarding the evolution of species. There is no question that things have evolved over the years. It's the big bang theory specifically that I feel is just as much pseudoscience as creationism is - and takes just as much faith to believe.