Convince Me

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to make a case for Roman Catholicism, but I know that rockmom's would be more convincing. She also falls on your side of the political spectrum as well so you and her would agree on more.

Good luck, thegooch.

John 14:6 "And Jesus told them...I am the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE, NO ONE comes to the Father except through me".

You have a choice. Either the Light or the Dark. Either Heaven or Hell. There is no in between, there is no going back later.

You have a choice.

John 14:6 "And Jesus told them...I am the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE, NO ONE comes to the Father except through me".

You have a choice. Either the Light or the Dark. Either Heaven or Hell. There is no in between, there is no going back later.

You have a choice.

I was hoping for logic, not vague threats from a book.

TG, there's no way to really create an "ad" for a religion. I'm more than willing to answer any questions you have regarding Catholicism, though.

I will say that I feel fortunate that I didn't have to go searching for my faith, I was raised in it. I cannot imagine belonging to any other denomination. Being Catholic is as much "me" as being Jewish is to those of the Jewish heritage.

First, if you look at the universe, the cell, the way life is brought into this world, you can't look at these things and think it all happened by some cosmic accident. That is illogical.

Second, if you look at the Supreme Beings of all the different religions there is only one who left Perfection to come down and perform the ultimate sacrifice for you. That was Christ, who died as your sacrifice for Heaven. The others rely on you accomplishing it with the Supreme Being doing very little for you. In Christianity, Jesus love the gooch so much, he was willing to die for you, so the ONLY THING YOU HAD TO DO was Believe in Him.

Think of that. Jesus wants to know you SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH that he was willing to die for the gooch so that it was so very easy for you to know him.

You don't have to do all of this or accomplish all of that or live so many lives of perfection. You just have to believe in Him. You have to believe that Jesus Christ came to earth, sacrificed himself for you and that is it.

Jesus loved you so much that he wanted to make it as simple as possible for you to know Him.

You judge a religion on the actions of it's God and not it's imperfect members who are trying to live a model life of perfection that they can never hope to match.

If you knew me in real life, I guarantee you that you would agree that I am not perfect nor will I ever be perfect. I am going to screw up and I hope you don't judge the actions of Jesus by my imperfect life.

TG, there's no way to really create an "ad" for a religion. I'm more than willing to answer any questions you have regarding Catholicism, though.

I will say that I feel fortunate that I didn't have to go searching for my faith, I was raised in it. I cannot imagine belonging to any other denomination. Being Catholic is as much "me" as being Jewish is to those of the Jewish heritage.

Or he could just go back to all of the threads where I have posed questions. RM, can attest to the fact that there are plenty. I am an inquistive pain in the rear sometimes.:D:thumb:

I must say though that she is very good at explaining things.

I attended a Orthodox Church for awhile, dont know how much that is like a Catholic church.

There is only one GOD.

If you are a believer in Jesus Christ then you understand there is only one Church.

All these denominations are man made. So I can't say one is better than the other. I can tell you this, if you are not attending a church that Believes Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior then you are attending the wrong place.

The only thing I can say to help you be a believer is, "HE LIVES

That is the best news of the day.

I attended a Orthodox Church for awhile, dont know how much that is like a Catholic church.

That depends. The Greek Orthodox faith is very like the Catholic faith. There's also the Orthodox Catholic Church. It would be hard to say without know exactly which Orthodox faith was praciticed.

There is only one GOD.

If you are a believer in Jesus Christ then you understand there is only one Church.

All these denominations are man made. So I can't say one is better than the other. I can tell you this, if you are not attending a church that Believes Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior then you are attending the wrong place.

The only thing I can say to help you be a believer is, "HE LIVES

That is the best news of the day.

But I am not a believer

That depends. The Greek Orthodox faith is very like the Catholic faith. There's also the Orthodox Catholic Church. It would be hard to say without know exactly which Orthodox faith was praciticed.

American Orthodox, which is a offshoot of the Russian Orthodox Church.