The best sport to play with your child is...

ladiesbballcoach

World of Golf in Florence has a Sat evening head of the family outing. Parent pays full price, everyone else pays 1/2 price. My family of four went for $20. I cannot take them to the movies for that price. Plus, it is a par 3 course mainly so good distance for young kids.

State parks have child golfs free in the Month of May.

Juniors can be inexpensive if you go to the right course. You can walk 9 holes with you and your child for around $25.

BUT, also, you can go to the putting green and have putting and chipping contests for free.

When I had only one child of age we played a local course twice a week for $30 total. About the time the other two were old enough, the course was remodeled and it became over $100 per round for the four of us. Our golfing became very limited after that.

We played what was in season. Driveway basketball, backyard football, and baseball using a tennis ball to restrict flight to the backyard. We built a batting cage in the backyard.

I wish now I had spent some more time on hunting and fishing.

I would vote for golf, for reasons other than the handicap system that allows players of varying abilities to compete on an even footing. It's my belief that the game of golf teaches some life lessons that other sports don't.

When your child gets a little over maybe, 10-13 I would suggest a whitewater kayaking class. It's a lot of fun plus it's something that will give you a rare skill plus lots of exercise. Not to mention a good story your kid can take back to school. Also after you both learn it's something you can do a few weekends a year together for as long as you want.

No exercise.

Okay. How about croc hunting? Kids make good bait.

On the serious side, I play whatever my kids want to play at that moment. My son has become obsessed with football and my daughter is playing softball. That is all we play now. Next week it might be fencing or MMA.