Does Walton have a new coach?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I am hearing the parents, players and administration and community are thrilled with the potential new coach. No one wanted to have to complain, but many including the administration new that things were not working out for the program under the other coach. Unfortunately a lot of people's frustrations were vented on BGP (probably not the best thing to do, but it happens). That does not mean that the new coach will not be successful and that the parents, players, fans and administration won't be supportive of the new situation. There is a lot of talent, expectations are high, and we would not want it any other way. If you do not have high expectations for your program and you are not dissappointed when they under-achieve, then I am not sure you are a true fan. Here is wishing the new head coach and assistant coach a long and successful career at WVHS. :thumb:

I wish Walton the best of luck! I hope the new coach is very successful, but if I was him I would cancel my internet service and invest in ear plugs! I think the only way fans are going to be happy is if the team ends up in Bowling Green, but even then who knows.

From what I am hearing the parents, players and administration and community are thrilled with the potential new coach. No one wanted to have to complain, but many including the administration new that things were not working out for the program under the other coach. Unfortunately a lot of people's frustrations were vented on BGP (probably not the best thing to do, but it happens). That does not mean that the new coach will not be successful and that the parents, players, fans and administration won't be supportive of the new situation. There is a lot of talent, expectations are high, and we would not want it any other way. If you do not have high expectations for your program and you are not dissappointed when they under-achieve, then I am not sure you are a true fan. Here is wishing the new head coach and assistant coach a long and successful career at WVHS. :thumb:

FIRST, let me say this post IS NOT directed at you but I am using your post to make a point.

Those expectations have to be realistic, though.

Too many parents think their team and their child is underachieving because they have a bloated, unrealistic view of their child and their child's team.

I had a player once whose father had a view that their daughter was really, really good. He couldn't understand why I wanted her to consider a smaller college in KY rather than push her for Tennessee or Connecticut. He thought that was the level she was. In reality, she was a Alice Lloyd, Berea, Asbury level player.

Now, she was a good player and could of been one of the best to play at our school. But his view of his daughter was totally warped from reality.

FIRST, let me say this post IS NOT directed at you but I am using your post to make a point.

Those expectations have to be realistic, though.

Too many parents think their team and their child is underachieving because they have a bloated, unrealistic view of their child and their child's team.

I had a player once whose father had a view that their daughter was really, really good. He couldn't understand why I wanted her to consider a smaller college in KY rather than push her for Tennessee or Connecticut. He thought that was the level she was. In reality, she was a Alice Lloyd, Berea, Asbury level player.

Now, she was a good player and could of been one of the best to play at our school. But his view of his daughter was totally warped from reality.[/QUOT

I hope the new coach has high expectations as well. What are realistic expectations. No one knows how good they can be if they put the work in. I would much rather have a parent or coach with higher than (so called) realistic expectations, if not than you can't hope to reach them.

Cory Miller and Dan Trame are confirmed that they are going to Walton Veronana. Congrats to them. HC is losing the best twosome for girls basketball.

If this is true and this is official there have to be a lot of coaches in the 8th region who are not happy about it. Maybe not next year, but for years to come watch out for the Ladycats of Walton-Verona. They have good coaches to go with their good players. Hopefully for years to come. Good luck to all involved and good job to WV in landing this duo.